Best 1/72 Challenger 2?

Procopius

Hullo,

I've been flirting with the idea of building some braille scale armour, and I was wondering if there was a clear winner in accuracy between the Trumpeter and Dragon kits? I know the 1/35 Trumpeter Chally 2 has some issues.

Having built both, I can say that the turret profiles are noticeably different. The rear of the Dragon turret tapers down far more than that of the Trumpeter turret, meaning that the back of the Dragon turret is noticeably shallower. Which is more accurate? I'm not sure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Knevi said:

If I want to know anything about 1/72 armour my go to is Onthewaymodels. There's a comparison here that might help you choose

https://www.onthewaymodels.com/articles/C2comparisonpt1.htm

This is exactly the sort of thing I was looking for. Unfortunately it seems that neither kit is all that it should be, which is most disappointing. 

• Thanks 1

The Dragon Challenger 2 has another problem not mentioned in the article, the turret front is lopsided, the two front plates of the armour should be the same height but the right hand side is lower than the left. After I corrected the turret I cast new ones, I thought the moulds had messed up, but it is present on the plastic!

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Is the revell 1/72 warrior kit not considered to be decent or accurate? I built this one OOB several years ago and I was quite happy with it. Mind you I didn't compare its shape to any plans to confirm its accuracy though.

1 hour ago, P-3s rule said:

Is the revell 1/72 warrior kit not considered to be decent or accurate? I built this one OOB several years ago and I was quite happy with it. Mind you I didn't compare its shape to any plans to confirm its accuracy though.

Not to blow my own trumpet but https://www.onthewaymodels.com/articles/SBarnes_A_Better_Warrior.htm

it will give you a good overview. OOTB Trumpeter is a better starting point.

• Thanks 1