Hello from Germany

David2703

Hello everyone!

I'm David from Munich. I am still a student for now, and just finished up my degree in history in London. Will probably proceed to medical school in the autumn. So I hopefully will have some more free time to do modelling than I have than now, as I am working over the summer.

I started modelling when I was six. My parents gifted me a 1/144 F-18 that I absolutley butchered 🤪

It got real when I was aorund 14-16, when I got an airbrush and started using aftermarket items, leading to a slight addition to the later. 

My interests are mainly 1/48 aircraft and to a lesser extent 1/35 vehicles. This in turn is split around 70:30 into post and pre-1945 stuff, mostly Soviet and respective small air forces client states and Nazi Germany/Italy for the later. In particular, I adore the MiG-23 Flogger series, particularly the duck-nosed attack versions (I know, I know, you either love or hate those 😅)

However, I have to admit that since I started studying abroad in the UK I have had far less time to work due to frequent travel etc. and thus only finished two models this year so far. Hopefully the pace will pick up soon. 

I have also signed up to the proposed India-Pakistan and Nukes group builds to get to know this community a little better. 

Best wishes,

David

• Like 4

Welcome, David. Looking forward to seeing your builds. Best wishes for your medical studies - will you be studying in Germany? 

Q

Who has hung up his stethoscope and returned late in life to modelling, only to discover poorer eyesight and shaky hands!

1 hour ago, Dr. Quack said:

Welcome, David. Looking forward to seeing your builds. Best wishes for your medical studies - will you be studying in Germany? 

Thanks you Q! Yep, will be heading back to Germany to save on tuition fees. But loved staying in the UK for a few years and made a bunch of great friends! 

Ill share a few of my older builds once I get back home and get a chance to take decent photographs.

• Like 1