Tamiya 1/35 SOMUA S35

Hello everyone i have had my eye on the SOMUA Tank for a while and finally bought it i also got Tamiya's French R35 and their new Panzer IV Ausf G while i was at it.

Starting on the hull as always everything fits perfectly

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

This is so far a lot of fun to build it will be interesting to see how the paint job goes on this one lol it will be a challenge but a colourful tank.

Cheers 

Lee

• Like 5

Currently doing one of these in the French Fancy GB. Is a lovely kit and i know what you mean about the colour schemes. Been trying to work.out the best way to do it! 

Regards,

Steve

• Like 2

On 7/26/2021 at 3:28 AM, Stef N. said:

I like these French tanks. They have interesting camo patterns that look a bit tricky but fun to try. Good luck with your build.👍

Thanks Mate i hope to do a good job with the camo 

Lee

• Like 1

On 7/26/2021 at 3:36 AM, fatfingers said:

Currently doing one of these in the French Fancy GB. Is a lovely kit and i know what you mean about the colour schemes. Been trying to work.out the best way to do it! 

Regards,

Steve

Hi Steve your model is coming along nicely i think i will try a combination of masking putty and masking tape i might try the scheme with the turret camo is different to the Hull

Lee

• Like 2

Back with a quick update but took me the best part of an evening to do and the tracks are a click together type that work but after i fitted them to the running gear i used Tamiya extra thin to glue them to the road wheels , return rollers , drive sprocket and idler wheel i also set the slight amount of sag on the top run and ran extra thin over every link to lock it all in place as i really don't want it to move.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I will need to airbrush in every nook and cranny now as the way i glued everything together i didn't want to be gluing this lot after paint 

The rest of the build should go quickly now so back soon fellas

Cheers

Lee

• Like 5