Military Helicopters, 2021.

Evalman

Just over halfway through the year and I seem to have photographed enough Helicopters to make up a varied thread which I hope are of interest.

All (apart from the US Marines) were taken in Cornwall.

In April I sneaked across the border into Devon for the epic US Marine visits, It was good to get out after months of lockdown and engage in some good old fashion banter with 

some familiar faces

I'll slip in a couple taken just before Xmas, This Griffin had received a comprehensive service with Cobham Helicopter Academy at Newquay and is seen returning on its final test flight before being transported by road / sea back to Akrotiri.

Edited by Evalman
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Fabulous photos! Great to see the old Puma still going strong, and that the RAF still does have a SAR capability!

Those Sea Stallions look awesome, in every sense of the word. I wish we had about four squadrons of those!

• Thanks 1

Another great selection. You have really been blessed with variety this year, the USMC stuff being the cream,  and have some stunning locations to shoot at. I do like the SAS Dauphins which you don't see too often.

Mark

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks for looking and taking the time to comment.

On 7/25/2021 at 6:15 PM, Lord Riot said:

Fabulous photos! Great to see the old Puma still going strong, and that the RAF still does have a SAR capability!

Those Sea Stallions look awesome, in every sense of the word. I wish we had about four squadrons of those!

Many thanks. We seem to be seeing more Pumas this year, a consequence of their Afghan tasking coming to an end I guess.

The 84 Sqn Griffin was a lucky catch, just two days later it was bagged up and loaded on to a lorry.

On 7/25/2021 at 6:18 PM, canberraman said:

Another great selection. You have really been blessed with variety this year, the USMC stuff being the cream,  and have some stunning locations to shoot at. I do like the SAS Dauphins which you don't see too often.

Mark

Thanks Mark.  I'm sure the USMC visit will be the highlight of the year, something none of us thought we'd ever see so close to home.  I spent 4 days up there - 2 blank days and two days watching these fascinating machines coming and going.  Some folk spent the entire week there and it appears I missed a Venom and Viper on the Saturday.   

Edited by Evalman

• 2 weeks later...