9v4wyXu.jpg

fZEr3Ss.jpg

0nQYbwW.jpg

pJKD438.jpg

qFEZ1gE.jpg

eM8sk8Y.jpg

MhQ73AE.jpg

AnHcb5P.jpg

Bought on impulse about eighteen months ago, not a huge fan of artillery builds but I had the decals already so I decided 'why not'. 

It's not one of Academys better kits, when this was issued, I'm guessing that the M3/M4 generic moulds were getting a little tired, no matter the lower hull builds quickly and easily, the interior is not 'the last word' but busy enough and the upper hull, well you need to be vigilant as you're bringing it together as there are gaps which can turn in to chasms if you're unlucky.

Painting was a bit of a hike as I needed to get the fighting compartment base painting and fading done, then the dark green camo on the outside which was masked then the 'pink' for the outside sprayed and matched to the interior - probably created more work for m'self doing it that way around, I just didn't fancy cutting the camo masks to protect the 'pink'... much easier to protect the dark green. I didn't use 'exact' tones, I applied my favourite Mk.I eyeball method... on its own it looks perfectly fine but alongside my M3 Scout Car from last year it looks really pink !!. That said, GO 1650 of December '42 did specify - "The basic colour common to whole of MEF is designated 'Desert Pink'  - the disruptive patterns will be in Dark Green (PF No.1)..." The directive 'officially' was recinded in April '43 ahead of the Italian invasion but it took time for all the vehicles to be re-painted in the new Light Mud & Blue/Black colours.

So that's it, please feel free to ask any questions, hurl any abuse or make any comments. Next AFV on the bench will be an M3 Lee in late war SCC13 Jungle Green, and given the multi-faceted hull, I will probably go down the full-modulation route with the paint finish. All the best from New Zealand.

Ian.

• Like 49

5 hours ago, Ian said:

It's not one of Academys better kits, when this was issued, I'm guessing that the M3/M4 generic moulds were getting a little tired, no matter the lower hull builds quickly and easily, the interior is not 'the last word' but busy enough and the upper hull, well you need to be vigilant as you're bringing it together as there are gaps which can turn in to chasms if you're unlucky.

It doesn't matter when you can turn a sow's ear into a silk purse. That's a very good looking Priest. Excellent painting and weathering, with great add ons. And the stowage is tied down! Bonus!

John.

• Like 1

Nice one. You have encouraged me to return to my Priest which is buried somewhere at the back of the wardrobe. As you say, it's not the best kit ever but you clearly show that It can be beautifully done. Though possibly not by me, lol.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

And the stowage is tied down! Bonus!

John.

Cheers for seeing that, John - it's a like mantra with my armour builds, If it has stowage tie-it-down because if you don't you're gonna lose it on the first corner you turn !!

QaTcOcP.jpg

dAD6YlY.jpg

Cheers

Ian.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...