Duxford Summer Air Show July 24th 2021 (second batch added 25/07/21)

Hello again

I had a wonderful time at Duxford today. There were a few showers in the morning, but the threatened thunder storms didn't materialise and the sun even made an appearance!

Here are a few favourites and I will post more if anyone is interested.

DSC_9950.jpg

DSC_0073.jpg

DSC_0132.jpg

DSC_0142.jpg

DSC_0163.jpg

DSC_0283.jpg

DSC_0409.jpg

DSC_0549.jpg

"Little & Large" (Full-size Extra 300 and RC scale model Extra 300)

DSC_0609.jpg

DSC_0617.jpg

DSC_0719.jpg

DSC_0867.jpg

DSC_0928.jpg

DSC_0971.jpg

DSC_1125.jpg

Thanks for looking.

• Like 12

Excellent pics again, very nicely done, especially the Mustangs! Nice to see a good selection of aircrafy, the Typhoon looks particularly striking. More pictures please Sir!

• Thanks 1

Yes,please to more pics.  Nice variety of types on display. A bit like old times.  Were those notorious restrictions still applied or did they relax them??

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ColinChipmunkfan said:

Good to see photos of the show itself.  Typhoon shot is very good indeed.  Really like the Thunderbolt and Mustang formations.

Thanks for posting.

Colin

I do too!

• Thanks 1

A cracking day out Leigh with some fabulous shots for your efforts. Unlike some commentators though I personally think the 2021 Typhoon scheme is garish in the extreme! Whatever happened to good taste and British understatement!

Mark

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Parabat said:

Excellent pics again, very nicely done, especially the Mustangs! Nice to see a good selection of aircrafy, the Typhoon looks particularly striking. More pictures please Sir!

Thanks for the kind words Parabat. The Typhoon is growing on me! I will aim to post some more pictures this evening.

14 hours ago, Paul J said:

Yes,please to more pics.  Nice variety of types on display. A bit like old times.  Were those notorious restrictions still applied or did they relax them??

Thanks Paul. I had an excellent day and the smaller crowd made for a more relaxing experience! That size crowd is probably not sustainable in terms of income moving forward, though. The original restrictions were relaxed when lockdown was eased on July 27th, allowing free movement across the whole site. No one checked my vaccination status, despite it being a condition of entry.

14 hours ago, Nocoolname said:

I like that Typhoon scheme. Hope someone releases a decal set soon.

It's a bit of a Marmite scheme, but I'm sure one of the decal companies will oblige!

14 hours ago, ColinChipmunkfan said:

Good to see photos of the show itself.  Typhoon shot is very good indeed.  Really like the Thunderbolt and Mustang formations.

Thanks for posting.

Colin

Thanks for the kind words Colin. The US fighters with the B-17 were my favourite, or was it the three Spitfire MkIa beauties.....

13 hours ago, SAT69 said:

I do too!

Ha ha. Thanks SAT69.

1 hour ago, canberraman said:

A cracking day out with some fabulous shots for your efforts. Unlike some commentators though I personally think the 2021 Typhoon scheme is garish in the extreme! Whatever happened to good taste and British understatement!

Mark

Thanks Mark. I'm think the "Global Britain" Voyager and A321 probably paved the way for the less than subtle Typhoon scheme!

51 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Great pictures, thanks for sharing them.

Thanks for the kind words Stephen. I'm pleased you enjoyed them.

Thanks for all the kind words, chaps.

Here are a few more:

DSC_3340.jpg

Rare Concorde nose droop!

20210724_114025.jpg

Tiger 9 Aeronautical Display Team pilots

DSC_3289.jpg

DSC_3320.jpg

DSC_9796.jpg

Tiger 9 Aeronautical Display Team walking their display

DSC_9851.jpg

DSC_9837.jpg

DSC_0087.jpg

Tiger 9 Aeronautical Display Team

DSC_0204.jpg

DSC_0290.jpg

DSC_0422.jpg

DSC_0446.jpg

DSC_0486.jpg

DSC_0523.jpg

DSC_0585.jpg

DSC_0626.jpg

DSC_0666.jpg

DSC_0680.jpg

DSC_0800.jpg

DSC_0823.jpg

DSC_0891.jpg

DSC_1043.jpg

DSC_1070.jpg

DSC_1105.jpg

DSC_1174.jpg

Thanks for looking.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Alpha Delta 210 changed the title to Duxford Summer Air Show July 24th 2021 (second batch added 25/07/21)

Some quite incredible shots there in this next installment. I particularly like the b/w Thunderbolt pic, and Sally B banking away from the 'little friends'. Top notch, great work.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Parabat said:

Some quite incredible shots there in this next installment. I particularly like the b/w Thunderbolt pic, and Sally B banking away from the 'little friends'. Top notch, great work.

Thanks very much, Parabat. You picked two of my favourites as well!