Kinetic 1/48 Pucara.

Hi, me again.

With an NHS track and trace internment enforced, its into the shed for 10 days of merriment.

What better way to cleanse the modelling palette after the pig's ear of an Airfix kit than a modern day, bang up to date release of this iconic ground attack aircraft.

The kit has to be the easiest build I've had in a good long while. Its not Tamiya F-14 but it comes a close run contender for my kit of the year. I only added the Eduard seat belt set (ZOOM), the Eduard Canopy set (cos i'm lazy) and the utterly brilliant Two Bobs decals in a bright scheme.

I'd highly recommend this kit and especially after seeing Spencer Pollards build and Ric Greenwoods Youtube build, I was keen as. A mixture of Hataka and Tamiya paints used, with Galaria Satin coat giving the final finish i was looking for.

IMG_2548

IMG_2554 IMG_2550

IMG_2553

IMG_2549

IMG_2552

IMG_2555

IMG_2556

Now on to the Hobby boss MH-22B...

• Like 62
  • Thanks 2

I especially like the map of the Falkland Islands!

Crikey that looks a zillion light years away from the old Resin kit that I made yonks ago,.... nice one,

A friend of mine remembers shooting down on one of these from the side of a hill as it attacked his battalion!

Cheers

Tony

23 hours ago, Sturmovik said:

Beautiful model, really like the variations in the metallic (or is it grey) camouflage.

Thanks for all the kind words.

Sturmovik, it’s in a varied grey scheme, as Two Bob’s calls for and with a delve into Google for further reference.

1 hour ago, johnny akes said:

That's a really impressive build and paint job!

Strange that they chose to commemorate what was a pretty conclusive defeat with a special paint job (I'm assuming it isn't a whif?).

Still clinging to hopes of taking them😂😂😂 Not on my watch..