1/24 Airfix Sea Harrier, 801 NAS 1984, HMS Invincible.

IMG_2546

Here's my long term love/hate and hate a bit more Airfix 1/24 scale, Sea Harrier FRS1 of 801 Naval Air Squadron, embarked on HMS Invincible 1984.

I have to say I'm not a great Airfix fan at the best of times but needs must when you love the FRS1 and building big planes. This has taken the best part of 6 years and has languished beyond the shelf of doom, in the dark depths beneath my work bench. Overtime I went to spray at my spray booth, it would tap me on my knees, just to say it was still there.

The basic kit looks like a FRS1 and so that's good for me, I did add a plethora of Heritage bits and the Flightpath Aftermarket set (lots of this I still have as I'm not totally taken with it) that said its the only one so I picked what I wanted and the rest stays in the box. the kit fought me all the way and without Nick G I would have probably binned it, so thanks Nick and the IPMS UK Harrier SIG, for inspiration at every SMW to get on with it.

It isn't my best but its finished...

IMG_2544

IMG_2539

IMG_2542

• Like 68
  • Thanks 1

This turned out very well and in such a large scale at that!!!! I know all too well about prolonged projects that stare you in the face. I went through that with my Hasegawa Arado 234 and my Jo-Han Ford Maverick build. My 234 sat for three years before I finally got the motivation to finish it and my Maverick took me one year. After putting a 27 piece shifter assy together for the Maverick that was enough for me for a few months on that. lol. Glad to see you finished it and it turned out beautifully man.