Messerschmitt Bf109E-4/7 Trop

my first ready for inspection thread, so be gentle!

had to abandon this when i was almost finished due a bout of ill health, theres a build thread that i will post a link for, but it was never completed.

happy with the results, although i think i'm too heavy handed on the weathering.

also wanted to try masks for the decals, but made a muck of it just as my health was rapidly going down hill so binned that off.

all comments welcome,

http://36eByOU.jpg

pY1Ud7h.jpg

Etg5URG.jpg

l3gdhcK.jpg

xURs0Ph.jpg

XVM44eR.jpg

qDWHqCP.jpg

thanks

ken

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Parabat said:

The stippling effect on the flanks is very good, how did you achieve it? It is one thing that has put me off doing Wick's 109.

Thanks for the kind comments, 

I used stencil for shapes, ak interactive if i recall correctly, and started with light camo colour, then pale blue and finally the dark trying to keep it random. 

A very fine misting of white between each layer just to bring out some contrast. Making it up as i went along really. 

According to a friend who is a pretty decent artist i should have started with the dark and worked to the lighter shades, so I suppose i lucked out a good bit. 

Must admit it was terrifying doing it, but i'm really happy with it, although i won't be rushing to try it again.