A few of my MALTA Spitfire in 1/72

Looks like a great collection.  I'd really like to see some more pics. I think I need to build a few Malta Spitfires now that there is an abundance of Mk VC kits available.  I've got Johnny Plagis'BR321 in mind.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Meatbox8 said:

Looks like a great collection.  I'd really like to see some more pics. I think I need to build a few Malta Spitfires now that there is an abundance of Mk VC kits available.  I've got Johnny Plagis'BR321 in mind.

I had made more than 100 Malta Spitfire

Alain

PS : I have 3020 models made....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wulfman said:

Love your collection of Malta Spits, will you be adding the new Airfix VC ?

Wulfman

I have 62 Airfix Spitfire in my stock

Alain

3 hours ago, dnl42 said:

Nice collection! :clap2: @Meatbox8 is right, more pix please!

With 100 Malta Spitfires so far, is it your aim to build all of them?

Not all, but a lot.

A good Spitfire MkVb is still missing. Perhaps Eduard will decline the 1/48 in 1/72

Alain

3 hours ago, dnl42 said:

Nice collection! :clap2: @Meatbox8 is right, more pix please!

With 100 Malta Spitfires so far, is it your aim to build all of them?

There are some, somewhere in the forum (individual pictures)

Stay tuned, I shall post other pictures

Alain

3 hours ago, Wulfman said:

Love your collection of Malta Spits, will you be adding the new Airfix VC ?

Wulfman

I have already made a few Airfix kits, not only with Malta deco, but also SEAC planes, Australian, SAAF, Greek, Italian, and Yougoslavian.

If you want,I can tell you my improvment for a better Airfix kit

Alain

If he isn't interested, I am.  I presume you can extend this to the new simplified version, apart from the obvious differences of course.  What I have discovered since these kits appeared is the rarity of the thin cannon bulges and the extended horn balances on the Mk.Vc.

Oh my! I’m vastly impressed by the single minded dedication to an idea that your collection demonstrates. You are the opposite of me, my mind just won’t stay still. 

So many spitfires! I’m glad for your sake that you picked Malta as your theatre of operations and narrowed it down from the 24,000 spits in total. Malta is a lovely island to visit, I expect you have been there?

The models are beautifully and consistently made as far as I can see. Keep up the great work. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Oh my! I’m vastly impressed by the single minded dedication to an idea that your collection demonstrates. You are the opposite of me, my mind just won’t stay still. 

So many spitfires! I’m glad for your sake that you picked Malta as your theatre of operations and narrowed it down from the 24,000 spits in total. Malta is a lovely island to visit, I expect you have been there?

The models are beautifully and consistently made as far as I can see. Keep up the great work. 

I hope to visit Malta soon, it was previeuw for this year, but the pendemic......

Alain

27 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Lovely collection of Malta Spitfires,  great work,  you  have a lot of Airfix Spitfires in your collection, nearly as many as @tonyot. This is a great idea and cracking collection. You can never have too may Spitfires!!!

Chris

I would post my Malta Spitfire collection today

Alain

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Graham Boak said:

If he isn't interested, I am.  I presume you can extend this to the new simplified version, apart from the obvious differences of course.  What I have discovered since these kits appeared is the rarity of the thin cannon bulges and the extended horn balances on the Mk.Vc.

For little improvement of the Airfix Spit Vc, I put a cushion on part C19, don't use the wheels, nor the wheels cover, I use wheels from Tamiya or KP, cover from Eduard Spit 8/9.  Exhaust are too deep, exceed to much, cut a bit.  For the de Havilland propeller, I take the propeller and the spinner from Spit I Airfix. for the Rotol, I use Sword parts. Don't forget to make a hole for the tank on the right place, I use a .50 from Eduard for the tank cover.

For some part, I use resin copy. (oups)

Alain

• Like 1

Thanks Alain, I hadn't looked at the wheels nor thought of raiding the Eduard kit for wheel doors.  I did consider raiding it for replacement bulkheads etc to avoid having to add the internal armour plated cockpit sides, but as this also needs a larger seat I ended up deciding to make this aspect as Airfix intended and keep the replacement bits for the simple kit.  It is not as though I care too much for detailed cockpits where (as on the Spitfire) they cannot be seen.  I have a supply of spare props anyway, but suspect that the old Airfix Mk.I prop will be a little slim for this stage of the war.  Maybe not.

I take it C19 is the seat - but surely these didn't have cushions because the pilot sat on his parachute?

34 minutes ago, Graham Boak said:

Thanks Alain, I hadn't looked at the wheels nor thought of raiding the Eduard kit for wheel doors.  I did consider raiding it for replacement bulkheads etc to avoid having to add the internal armour plated cockpit sides, but as this also needs a larger seat I ended up deciding to make this aspect as Airfix intended and keep the replacement bits for the simple kit.  It is not as though I care too much for detailed cockpits where (as on the Spitfire) they cannot be seen.  I have a supply of spare props anyway, but suspect that the old Airfix Mk.I prop will be a little slim for this stage of the war.  Maybe not.

I take it C19 is the seat - but surely these didn't have cushions because the pilot sat on his parachute?

For the propeller, I use the one of the relatively new Spitfire Mk I (AO 1071)

Alain

PS : have you seen my other Malta Spitfire ?