Tamiya's 1/24 LaFerrari

Another day, another build. This time it's Tamiya's 1/24 LaFerrari. Still one of Tamiya's best in my opinion. Now this was not the first time I built this kit, my first attempt being in 2016 back when my building skills were basically nonexistent. Wanting to redeem that sin I decided to build another one. Finding one, though, was a problem, since the kit has become quite a bit of a rarity. In the end my local hobby shop still has 2 listed at over GBP47. Eh, I'd rather regret buying this than not buying one and missed my chance forever.

So the spec of choice would be Rosso F1 2007 with Nero DS roof and Blu Sterling interior and silver wheels with silver calipers. Overall build experience is just nice, as with pretty much every Tamiya car kits I have experienced. My only gripe with this kit is the use of clear parts with decals to replace the rear mesh. I don't like it, so I replaced it with... actual mesh. Not perfect, nowhere near as good as Tamiya's PE parts but I gotta do with whatever materials available. Oh, and that exhaust was a little wonky, that was also my fault. Anyway, please do enjoy some of the pics

spacer.png

IMG-4330.jpg

IMG-4337.jpg

IMG-4346x.jpg

A little photoshoot together with Senna won't hurt, I guess.

• Like 24

Yet another very nice build from you, I have to applaud the paint in particular, even more so given that you've avoided burning through the paint on all those sharp edges.

Have to admit that the subject leaves me quite cold though, like the F50 the LaFerrari is one Ferrari hypercar which just doesn't do anything for me.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Spiny said:

Yet another very nice build from you, I have to applaud the paint in particular, even more so given that you've avoided burning through the paint on all those sharp edges.

Have to admit that the subject leaves me quite cold though, like the F50 the LaFerrari is one Ferrari hypercar which just doesn't do anything for me.

Thanks for the compliment, I don't actually polish this kit, only carefully layering Mr Color clear red over a thin layer of gold in several stages. Also, I decided to redo LaFerrari since this was the first ever hypercar I ever saw by myself during Ferrari's anniversary event. So... yeah. I got to have one once again.

Beautiful work!  :clap2:

I think it's admirable to build another kit and use the previous experience to improve.

Wouldn't be my favourite Ferrari; but then again I will never be able to buy a Ferrari anyhow. 😬

Looks great. As does that Senna parked next to it in the last photo.  La Ferrari not my favourite Ferrari either, but it looks good here.