Duxford Summer Air Show July 2021 Arrivals and Practice

Hello everyone

I spent the day at Duxford hoping for lots of action before the Summer Air Show tomorrow.

20210723_102426.jpg

BBMF Lancaster still in the ARCo hangar

20210723_102812.jpg

Airspeed Ambassador

20210723_104910.jpg

20210723_105054.jpg

20210723_110001.jpg

20210723_111608.jpg

DSC_3247.jpg

DSC_3257.jpg

DSC_9401.jpg

DSC_9410.jpg

DSC_9415.jpg

DSC_9488.jpg

DSC_9512.jpg

DSC_9542.jpg

DSC_9544.jpg

DSC_9578.jpg

DSC_9600.jpg

DSC_9633.jpg

DSC_9772.jpg

DSC_9774.jpg

DSC_9775.jpg

Thanks for looking. I'm returning tomorrow, crossing everything that the weather forecast improves!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

I was delivering to the Officers mess, but from what I saw it looked quiet. There were people walking out as the flying was going on.

I got the best views from the Pub up the road, The BoBMF formation at about 200 feet above me.

There were lots of no parking cones up to the main gates and the road out to the BobMF was closed off.

• Thanks 1

Another great set Leigh and nice to be able to get such clear and unobstructed shots ahead of the show days. Hope the weather holds and Duxford enjoys a safe and successful first public event of 2021.

Mark

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, canberraman said:

Another great set and nice to be able to get such clear and unobstructed shots ahead of the show days. Hope the weather holds and Duxford enjoys a safe and successful first public event of 2021.

Mark

Thanks Mark, aside from the excuses regarding the tricky light for photography at Duxford, I enjoyed my day. That said, it seems from posts on another forum, that there was more action after I left!

I've arrived in a nearly empty car park at Duxford for the show. Only a handful of cars have arrived since I parked 90 minutes ago.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Only a handful of cars have arrived since I parked 90 minutes ago.

Oh Dear. That really doesn't bode well for the weekend. Considering how, in previous years, the car parks are close to being full by about 10:30. Have the weather-forecasts scared people away, I wonder?

Chris. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, spruecutter96 said:

Oh Dear. That really doesn't bode well for the weekend. Considering how, in previous years, the car parks are close to being full by about 10:30. Have the weather-forecasts scared people away, I wonder?

Chris. 

Agreed, Chris. There was no pedestrian queue through the visitor centre, but now I'm on the airfield, there is a reasonable number of visitors. Perhaps creating three car parks that guests can select removes the desire for people to arrive early (along with the grim forecast earlier on the week.) There have been several showers so far, but nothing the hardy Brit can't cope with!

8 minutes ago, spruecutter96 said:

Good to hear about the showers. If the BBC Weather site is to be believed, tomorrow will be very damp indeed.... Time will tell. 

Chris. 

It's gorgeous here now! I've had to put on a hat!

4 minutes ago, HOUSTON said:

Alpha Delta 210.

SUPERB photographs  and Brilliant photography  as always. 

Thank you for sharing yoyr day and your Joy with us all.

:wub:

:thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind words Houston. I'm pleased that you enjoyed them. I'm just waiting for the "NHS Spitfire" and MH434 to run in for their display.

3 hours ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

It's gorgeous here now! I've had to put on a hat!

I spent about six hours at the "Big D" yesterday. My left arm is now a rather angry pink colour as a result (and I had sun-cream in my camera-bag.... what a blimmin' numpty I am!).

Chris.  

Edited by spruecutter96
Correcting a typo.
  • Sad 2

Absolutely beautiful photography. The Thunderbolt caught my eye but that takes nothing away from your pictures of other planes.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Parabat said:

That Mustang is a beauty, great pics of it.

Thanks Parabat. That Mustang is a beauty and not seen too often.

13 hours ago, Paul J said:

Nice selection.  Whats the origin of the Mustang WR-X please?

Thanks Paul. There's a history of the Mustang here: http://www.mustangsmustangs.com/p-51/survivors/serial/44-74391

12 hours ago, SAT69 said:

Absolutely beautiful photography. The Thunderbolt caught my eye but that takes nothing away from your pictures of other planes.

Thanks SAT69. I must confess that I'm a Thunderbolt fan and too many, many more shots during the flighline walk at the air show proper yesterday!

• Alpha Delta 210 changed the title to Duxford Summer Air Show July 2021 Arrivals and Practice

Magnificent photos, as usual, AD210!!!

Sorry I wasn't able to attend this year - maybe next year!

I do have the next two 'Flying Days' booked so can only hope the weather improvs for them!

Thanks for sharing,

Jonny

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Magnificent photos, as usual, AD210!!!

Sorry I wasn't able to attend this year - maybe next year!

I do have the next two 'Flying Days' booked so can only hope the weather improvs for them!

Thanks for sharing,

Jonny

Thanks very much, Jonny. Sorry that you couldn't make it, you missed a really good show.

Fingers are well and truly crossed for the remaining Flying Days!

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, jhutchi said:

Excellent pictures. Glad things are slowly returning to normal again. Looking forward to some shows next year 

Thanks very much. I'm pleased that you enjoyed them. The weather on the actual show day was not as good ( https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235096867-duxford-summer-air-show-july-24th-2021-second-batch-added-2507 )

This year has felt much more "normal" for me with quite a few events at Duxford, the show at Old Buckenham last weekend and Little Gransden at the end of August.

• 2 weeks later...