Mirage 2000N FRANCE AF Lybia 2011

wellzy

Hi Wellzy,

IMHO, this is the most sexy of the Mirage 2000 family, especially when it sports the humongous underwing fuel tanks. I do hope you will fit them on your model!

Have a lot of fun!

JR

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, jean said:

Hi Wellzy,

IMHO, this is the most sexy of the Mirage 2000 family, especially when it sports the humongous underwing fuel tanks. I do hope you will fit them on your model!

Have a lot of fun!

JR

Yes lm a Mirage  Fan have missed  seeing  them at RIAT  the last two years 

23 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

I’ll tag along if I may please.

We used to see quite a few over here, but not so much these days. According to one of my french friends most of them are outside France at the moment.

John

IMG_2144

• Like 4

Very nice!

On 7/22/2021 at 9:58 PM, Biggles87 said:

We used to see quite a few over here, but not so much these days. According to one of my french friends most of them are outside France at the moment.

The N model is completely retired for several years already! The similar looking D models and some Bs are still around though!

• Thanks 1

Nice start Wellzy, I do love the Mirage 2000 series.

Colleagues of mine who deployed to Afghanistan said you could always tell when these things were taking off, they were so bloody LOUD!

Good luck and welcome the GB.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Wez said:

Thanks Wez same here love the 2000 series  have built  a 2000 C , love all the French  Delta 

Colleagues of mine who deployed to Afghanistan said you could always tell when these things were taking off, they were so bloody LOUD!

23 hours ago, Wez said:

Me too but you can’t beat a Mirage 3 :), especially a tanked up 3R :) 

Hi All  I had heard that Kinetic kits have some fit issues, i have now found out this to be true !

IMG_7083

IMG_7084

IMG_7085

now the work begins ,Wellzy 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Biggles87 said:

Oh dear! I have built several Mirage 2000 kits over the years  ( not Kinetic ) but never one with a wing/fuselage joint like that. 

Good luck.

John

on Mirage III and 2000s, I always, without any exception I think, I try to take care of this fuselage wing joint separately, meaning I glue the upper wings to the fuselage first. all the other joints are easier to deal with or correct afterwards...

the Kinetic MIII is a very  big improvement over the M2K by the way quality wise!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jasonb13 said:

Great work so far, I was going to ask what Kinetic kits are like, but I think you've answered that question already! 🤦🏻

Hi thanks  this one is a nightmare  but have  heard  good things  about  the Harrier  kits , so pick  and hope

• Like 1

Kinetic stuff can be hit or miss.  I built a Mirage III as a IIIO (RAAF) a couple years back.  Fit wise it was ok, but some areas were a bit fiddly and required a bit of patience, dry fitting, and finesse...especially around the intakes.  And almost everything required a little time for clean up, as there was a fair bit of flash everywhere...more than you would expect for a newer kit.  All that said, they haven't scared me off completely...I've got an A-6, EA-6B, and a Kfir from them in the stash.  You just have to go into them with the mindset that they aren't a lick & stick kit and will likely need a little fiddling (some more than others).  I do have to give them credit for venturing into some subjects that are not mainstream and typically shied from by the other big manufacturers.

Hi Guy`s More filer and rubbing down but it`s getting there the wing roots are looking better and the nose cone was to big  and the wrong shape to my eyes .

IMG_7096

holding the side of the cockpit  to fuselage

IMG_7097

Step in the wing root

IMG_7101

Getting there I hope not the best kit in the  world but that`s modelling , thanks for looking ,Wellzy

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
On 7/25/2021 at 8:26 AM, RidgeRunner said:

Me too but you can’t beat a Mirage 3 :), especially a tanked up 3R :) 

III ?   III ?  Everyone knows the Mirage F1CR was the most handsome of the family, although the Mirage 2000 really does stir things in odd places, but the Mirage IV really was a lovely beast........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PLC1966 said:

places, but the Mirage IV really was a lovely beast........

Absolutely :). Waiting patiently for them, and then seeing attack Wattisham during various exercise was always a thrill. :). I agree about the F.1 too :)

• Like 1