Tornado cockpits

Lord Riot

Having purchased my 1/48 Revell Tornado as used without decals, I’m wondering what the best solution is for the cockpit.

I’m building a mid/late 80s GR1, and looking at decal options for instrument panels I can only find the very nice looking Kits World 3D set but for a GR4. My question is, how much difference is there between the two, would I get away with it if it’s just a few little buttons, or is it quite obvious? 

Are there any GR1 instrument decals out there, I couldn’t find any on eBay.

I've got 2 sets of the 617, 19, 2 Sqn & Sooe decal sheets by Airfix ( no cockpit decals, but looks like everyting else is on there) and the Heller IDS decal sheet complete

any use?

• Thanks 1

Depending how accurate you want to be the Kits World ‘Active Screens’ release is close to a GR1, biggest difference for this being the pilots moving map screen is square shaped for a GR4 and round for a GR1. Theres another couple of small square displays top right and left on the GR4 that aren’t on the Gr1 but these will probably be largely hidden under the cockpit dash/coaming.

What about Eduard colour PE? Or Neomega does a cheap pit that has amazing detail just unsure if it fit Revell or not.

Neomega pit

Eduard LooK GR.1

Then with the Eduard bit you can use the Kit World 3D for side panels.

Edited by Harrier/ViperFan
  • Like 1