P51-D, Iwo Jima 1945 (Eduard 1/48)

Latest off the bench......... without an upgrade in progress

Eduard Profipack P51 D Mustang Iwo Jima. This kit gets all the thumbs up for quality and fit. So it must be me as I give it the thumbs down. Where do I start .... Flaps can only be in the down position. The undercarriage location is worse than the Airfix Mk5, decals are Ok apart from the excessive carrier film that curls when you take it off the backing paper. I wo's not a happy bunny with this kit so much I did the Airfix version along side. Airfix won by a mile.

I do question the profipacks as the basic kit needs very little added. The weekend edition is better value.

Any way  it all turned out OK

On to the photos.

Please feel free to comment etc.

Thanks for looking

Cheers

Dick

DPP_0000

DPP_0001

DPP_0002

DPP_0003

• Like 40
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nachtwulf said:

I would be thrilled to have that sitting on my shelf! Very nice!

I'll happily second that!

Good looking Mustang, and l 100% agree with you about the fit issues with undercarriage and other attachments such as the drop tanks, very flimsy,

still it proves what a good modeller you are, good job!

Great-looking Pacific Mustang! For me, as an 8AF P-51 modeller, these 'unusual' colour schemes look exotic. Really nice work.

I just bought an Eduard P-51D in the standard box. Had a look at the contents that look fine to me but I haven't started yet. I was impressed by the many favourite comments about the kit - not fully justified?? The Airfix product doesn't convince me because of the oversized rivets and cowling fasteners. So, maybe Tamiya is still the best value for money? Their parts fit is outstanding.

Cheers, Michael

Well this certainly looks fantastic.  This is my own story for most of my models having to wrestle them into shape, except they don't end up looking this nice when I'm done.