This afternoon's service outage - Things changing?

13 hours ago, stevehnz said:

... I find I have give more laughs than likes or thank yous. I obviously need to take this forum more seriously. ;) :D

Steve.

Just added another one Steve. 

Don't go changing.. 😄

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Didn't even know there was such a thing!!

Oh yes...

You are in 27th position BTW - just behind Enzo Matrix

Invision have changed the ranking style with this version, so we're going to have to look into changing our little graphics as they've been around since 2007 when we started.  I'll find out what the new shape is, and think of something different to put in there if we're no longer allowed a square pic.  Maybe a bomb or something if they're supposed to be tall & narrow.  I had to go out unexpectedly to deal with a parental emergency last night, so didn't get a minute to myself to have a looksee.

I'm going to be having another look at the 500 errors too, as I've been avoiding dealing with that for a while, partly because it was so frustrating, but also because I've been busy with site and IRL things of late.  Please be patient with me, as I've got a limited amount of time available, and half the time I'm awake, I'm not feeling too grand :zombie:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 9

Also, take note of the blue banner at the top.  Our stats such as likes, etc. might not reflect the real figures until the re-indexing has finished, which is going to take a while because of the sheer size of the database because we do a lot of babbling. :)

• Like 3

I've figured out what the score is with the ranks.  They all have to be the same square shape, rather than the increasing length of the old ones.  I've just got to think of a design now, which will probably hurt my head. :owww:

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Also, take note of the blue banner at the top.  Our stats such as likes, etc. might not reflect the real figures until the re-indexing has finished, which is going to take a while because of the sheer size of the database because we do a lot of babbling. :)

Blue banner?

I don't see one of those.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, -Ian- said:

Blue banner?

I don't see one of those.

1 minute ago, Terry1954 said:

I also, see no blue banner?

Terry

It only seems to show on the View New Content page.  Dunno why :shrug:

18 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

I see a roundel. Just need another 5

I've had to change it.  Now you start off with a grey roundel (the one we use currently in the header), and as you blather away it gets colourful in segments until it's completely coloured-in when you reach a million, or manipulate your post count like I do so I've got the bestest roundel :king:

If anyone's got any better ideas about how to depict your increasing dependence on Britmodeller for your entertainment, I'm all ears, as my artistic abilities left town fairly soon after my A-levels. :shrug: If it's complicated, you'd better have plans for implementing it yourself, as my PS skills are mediocre at best :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Seeing my avatar is one of the Greys, I suppose it's appropriate.

Oh.  I thought that was you? :hmmm:

• Haha 2

BTW folks.  While the forum is reindexing, its prodigious CPU and RAM are going to be doing important work, so you may find that some pictures load a little slower than usual, especially if they're bigger than the de facto 1024x800 standard.  The server has to process those down, so it gets put in the queue with everything else it's doing.

On a hot day like today, I hope they keep the aircon running! :phew:

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

BTW folks.  While the forum is reindexing, its prodigious CPU and RAM are going to be doing important work, so you may find that some pictures load a little slower than usual, especially if they're bigger than the de facto 1024x800 standard.  The server has to process those down, so it gets put in the queue with everything else it's doing.

On a hot day like today, I hope they keep the aircon running! :phew:

Hiya Mike whilst you're fettling the settings and other thingys is there any chance I could have jammy dodgers instead of roundels please....I like jammy dodgers 😋👍

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, Mike said:

Please be patient with me, as I've got a limited amount of time available, and half the time I'm awake, I'm not feeling too grand :zombie:

Take it easy Mike, as I said in my first post this is just us moaning about an irrelevent first world problem - your health and that of your family are far more important... :)

Keith

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Take it easy Mike, as I said in my first post this is just us moaning about an irrelevent first world problem - your health and that of your family are far more important... :)

Keith

I agree with Keith entirely....the jammy dodgers can wait 😂😂👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1