This afternoon's service outage - Things changing?

This is why I like Britmodeller.  People have a sense of humour.  It's not a great sense of humour, but I'll take what I can get at my age ^_^ I think I'll stay :yes:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

Just now, Mike said:

This is why I like Britmodeller.  People have a sense of humour.  It's not a great sense of humour, but I'll take what I can get at my age ^_^ I think I'll stay :yes:

Mike yourself and the other mods give us a fantastic forum which I'm eternally grateful to be part of. As long as this forum is up and running and available in whatever guise that's good enough for me 🙂👍

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Yes @Mike you've created a wonderfully mad modelling loony bin that ,for better or worse, the inmates seem to be happily in charge. And thats Grand! especially with the state of the world outside our little realm,  I'm with you, I'll stay here with all the crazies.  we're MORE sane!

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Andy J said:

Mike yourself and the other mods give us a fantastic forum which I'm eternally grateful to be part of. As long as this forum is up and running and available in whatever guise that's good enough for me 🙂👍

It doesn't matter how much you grovel, you won't get any extra Jammy Dodgers!!:P

John.

• Haha 4

18 hours ago, Mike said:

If anyone's got any better ideas about how to depict your increasing dependence on Britmodeller for your entertainment...

I'd rather you didn't. I don't need reminding! 

'Hello. My name's Ian and I'm a Britmodelholic.' 😟

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

Meanwhile, back at the ranch.....I was looking forward to the day when I reached the 10k mark and was officially recognised as a Blabbermouth:fraidnot:.

John.

Take the advise of your school teachers from all those years ago John..................

Must try harder.    :tease:

If anyone asks you are training for the  10K

Dick

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, IanC said:

'Hello. My name's Ian and I'm a Britmodelholic.' 😟

Welcome to the group. How many kits were you on a month?

Have you ever been kit free?

Do you regularly get stashed ?

Congratulations  in our eyes you are a normal person......carry on.

Dick

• Haha 3

On 7/22/2021 at 11:23 AM, BIG X said:

Having taken a look at the LEADER BOARD - no one seems to have taken a massive hit on "likes" & the league table looks pretty much as it was.  Also posts & likes are shown in the traditional manner.

I had no idea this existed. Where does one find the aforementioned ‘leader board’?

• Like 1

On 7/22/2021 at 3:11 PM, Mike said:

I've had to change it.  Now you start off with a grey roundel (the one we use currently in the header), and as you blather away it gets colourful in segments until it's completely coloured-in when you reach a million, or manipulate your post count like I do so I've got the bestest roundel :king:

If anyone's got any better ideas about how to depict your increasing dependence on Britmodeller for your entertainment, I'm all ears..

Mike,

Can I suggest a possible alternative roundel based system. Instead of segments why not use different styles, so after the greyed out one you proceed towards brighter and more colourful roundels until you reach the 'Type C1' ? 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Feel free to file in the relevant bin.... 😄 

Best wishes,

Ian

• Like 4

2 hours ago, IanC said:

Feel free to file in the relevant bin.... 😄 

Thanks for the suggestions Ian. :) Andy (Moore) has already volunteered to help out thanks to his good nature and superior PhotoShop skills, thankfully. :pray: I've got a few PMs from his now, so I'd better go and have a look in a sec.

• Like 1

You may have noticed that there was just an outtage of a couple of minutes while I updated the forum again, thanks to an update to the update.  These things happen when new code inadvertently intruduces new bugs or security issues and has to be patched up.  We're up to date now, and it wasn't a very large patch, so that's nice :)

• Like 1