This afternoon's service outage - Things changing?

Saw the forum was having some updates added, since this your total likes doesn't display as it used to. Instead there's roundels next to the user's profile picture, but these are squished (at least on the mobile version, not looked on the desktop site yet). 

• Like 2

Looks like the system was down for an upgrade an hour or so ago. I notice since then two things have changed:

1. When I look at my own and others profiles, much activity history seems to have been lost.

2. In my case (and others I think) my rank shows in a different way, and now reads "Very Obsessed Member (5/8)". It changed to this a long way back when I got to a certain number of postings, but I recall I could then change it, which I did, to read in my case "Born to build models".

Has the upgrade/outage caused these issues and will they be fixed?

Terry

• Like 3

Just what are those blue and red things that give you your 'rank' supposed to be?!

I'm with Terry - can we please have the ability to get rid of them and change back to something of our choice? As it is it's confusing, impersonal and looks fairly naff intruding onto our avatars....!!

I know, first world problems.....:)

Keith

• Like 7

Those are the roundels that used to be above/below your avatar. I guess the upgrade may have b0rked some of the stylesheet wizardry specific to BM.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I spent a fun hour the other day working out how to change the text on the rankings to "Very Focused Member" only to find it has changed back and facility to chnage it has gone.

I agree with the requests from   @Terry1954 and @keefr22  that hopefully this facility can be reinstated.

• Like 4

Same for me.

This site will be the bigger loser over the disappeared 'likes' cos I play a game with them; when my 'likes' to postings ratio reaches a certain target I bung a fiver in the kitty. Then its on to the next target etc

• Like 5

Just had a look at my profile on here and I'm 5/8 (insert comment of your own choice) and I need just under 2000 points to reach the next level.

As Bruce used to say.... what do points make?? Points make prizes ................... Good game good game

Dick

Ps  seriously this update is really naff  and the amount of pain I'm in due to my roundels being squashed I just can not say.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It was probably there all along but when I tripped over a breakdown of my reputation, likes given & received type of thing, I find I have give more laughs than likes or thank yous. I obviously need to take this forum more seriously. ;) :D

Steve.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Also, my personal description of 'The original Black Knight and the Best, Slightly Eccentric' has disappeared

I mean, how dare someone delete that?

I demand satisfaction !  :fight:

Wet haddocks at dawn in Jurassic Park 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I never really take note of scores, ranks or whatever. I come here not to be competitive like that. I come to share, to learn, to make friends and the craic. All the other forum software nonsense really doesn’t matter to me.

Still, if the upgrade fixes the 500 bug, all good, eh?

• Like 14

26 minutes ago, Heather Kay said:

Still, if the upgrade fixes the 500 bug, all good, eh?

Looks like the good old 500 bug is still there. Had it once or twice again since.

Terry

1 hour ago, Terry1954 said:

Looks like the good old 500 bug is still there. Had it once or twice again since.

Me too.

If they're going to do an 'upgrade' they could at least fix the bugs and not fix that which isn't broken.....!! 🤣

Keith

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Having taken a look at the LEADER BOARD - no one seems to have taken a massive hit on "likes" & the league table looks pretty much as it was.  Also posts & likes are shown in the traditional manner.