French FT-17 tank, by Meng 1/35 'Le Tigre'

HobbyPaul

My entry for the GB. It comes with a diorama base, however it might be a bit small as I am planning to include 3 figures + motorbike! We shall see. 

I'm looking for a set of ‘Le Tigre’ decals from the Meng TS-008 kit. If anyone has them perhaps I could buy them from you?

Edited by HobbyPaul
wrong scale
  • Like 1

• HobbyPaul changed the title to French FT-17 tank, by Meng 1/35 'Le Tigre'
4 hours ago, Mig Eater said:

I'm confused 🤨 Meng's FT 17 kit (TS-008) is in 1/35 scale & it comes with decals for Le Tigre. 

Many thanks for your comment. The model is 1/35 and I've corrected the heading. Just started to build it and it's so much smaller than my last tank, I just thought it was 1/48. Pays to read the box first!

13 hours ago, HobbyPaul said:

Many thanks for your comment. The model is 1/35 and I've corrected the heading. Just started to build it and it's so much smaller than my last tank, I just thought it was 1/48. Pays to read the box first!

I can understand, I'm building an FT 17 in 1/76 scale & it's so small it feels like a 1/144 kit 😅

10 hours ago, Mig Eater said:

I can understand, I'm building an FT 17 in 1/76 scale & it's so small it feels like a 1/144 kit 😅

Good luck with yours.

10 hours ago, Wez said:

Don't forget to post pictures of your progress as you go along.

Good luck!

Would appreciate a pointer as to how to post pictures via Imgur. I've tried pasting both the embedding code and web code via the insert image button, but it just turns pink and nothing appears. Thanks

13 hours ago, HobbyPaul said:

Would appreciate a pointer as to how to post pictures via Imgur. I've tried pasting both the embedding code and web code via the insert image button, but it just turns pink and nothing appears. Thanks

Sorry Paul, I use Flikr but, if you look in the FAQ's there's a section about using hosting sites, Imgur gets a mention, it could be that you're not setting your pictures for public viewing?

2 hours ago, Wez said:

Sorry Paul, I use Flikr but, if you look in the FAQ's there's a section about using hosting sites, Imgur gets a mention, it could be that you're not setting your pictures for public viewing?

Thanks for the reply. I've binned Imgur and used Hobby Photo Host instead.

3 hours ago, Jb65rams said:

Looking good. I’m building the version with the full interior. Really enjoying it.

Are you still after the le Tigre decals? Mine will be going spare as I am not building that option.

HI JB, Yours looks like an interesting version, with the engine. Best of luck.

Yes please, still looking for the decals and would be grateful if you could let me buy a set. What's the best way to do this?

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

Progress pictures. Main body and running gear assembled, with first coat of paint. Figures nearly finished, but need to re-do the eyes (again!). Waiting for the PE parts for the motorbike. Could only find them from and Australian supplier, so they are somewhere on the high seas at the moment. Hope they are worth the wait. Diorama base has arrived, so will work on that next - a first for me.

p?i=f677a8b2ee12098f815dabc04faa3ccd

p?i=274dde76d70ca8d79d99e17f72aa8bc3

p?i=9ff3520096d5f9e937cf3b7b946709f7

p?i=274dde76d70ca8d79d99e17f72aa8bc3

p?i=f778f2447e3b17260ad81646d29ca3e1

p?i=c9f9b986a1d26a17ed41743f695fe190

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

Progress report.

PE parts for the WW1 French Peugeot 1917 Motorcycle arrived and now built. Ordered them from a firm in Australia, BNA Model World, on 6th August and they arrived on 31st. Quicker than expected. Figures now 99% finished, and diorama started (my first effort). The MC was great to build and really detailed.

p?i=eaf6d289335296d746f8cb4d037d0006

MC with some mud weathering, and stand alone machine gun with ammo boxes and magazine belt

p?i=81923ed49ee4b9ae3a63d07e44f5aeb5

p?i=5701d160df38a8bc08f2de8635ec1502

Tank crewman, Commander and Despatch rider

p?i=d0d5c6f3199fff368e69b1bd995d3b38

Diorama base started. Will add tank, motorcycle, figures, stand alone machine gun, sandbags and some broken fences. 

Edited by HobbyPaul
addition
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Progress on the diorama. Machine gun, sandbags and broken fences also added. Had to paste a cardboard base underneath to stop any flexing and added a wooden trim around the edges to finish it off. 

Figures, motorcycle and tank to follow. 

p?i=b11a5da0ca45c7e982ce61e4a82f49ce

p?i=8f98e85aa3e209d09005d07281be0587

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...