My first visit to Hannants

Herrick

Yes, I finally got to visit the Hannants warehouse. 
I went to get some Extra Thin and came out with it and an Eduard Hawker Tempest.

The place is an Aladdin’s Cave! My credit card breathed a sigh of relief that the damage was so light!

• Like 7

Did that on my last visit to the UK in 2012. Severe damage to Visa card! Got some kits I'd never see out here, though. It may surprise you to learn that they're all still in the stash ...

Seriously, it's a fascinating place, and well worth the experience.

• Like 1

Oh yes, I would agree with that. I went in 2018 and was blown away by the choices available. If I were to give one recommendation - take a shopping list, and be prepared to impulse buy! (okay, that is two recommendations).

Two kits I bought out of the four have been built.

Ray

• Like 1

I only ever got to the Hannants Colindale store many years ago. Last century in fact. Definitely would love to visit the warehouse. I suspect I would leave with my hands full. 

The nearest I came a place like Hannants was the Aviation Megastore near Schipol. What most protected my credit card was the sheer scale of it. I simply couldn't see the wood for the trees. I'd have to spend the day there. That and the fact there was a limit to what I could carry back on the flight. But I managed a few items. 

A trip to Hannants one day has to be on the cards. 

Edited by noelh
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, noelh said:

I only ever got to the Hannants Colindale store many years ago. Last century in fact. Definitely would love to visit the warehouse. I suspect I would leave with my hands full. 

The nearest I came a place like Hannants was the Aviation Megastore near Schipol. What most protected my credit card was the sheer scale of it. I simply couldn't see the wood for the trees. I'd have to spend the day there. That and the fact there was a limit to what I could carry back on the flight. But I managed a few items. 

Rent a van, a BIG one

• Haha 4

I only saw a small part when I was there, wandering up and down the AFV aisles for well over an hour. You get a modelling sensory overload,with every kit you ever wanted at your fingertips. Will definitely go again though, once my stash has been reduced and with a healthier budget. The London shop is still great btw, a bit more managable than Lowestoft.😀

• Like 1

Sometimes I dream I'm in a huge model shop somewhere absolutely wall to wall with every model I ever dreamed of. I usually wake up in a panic. 

I fear if I ever entered one of those Japanese model shops I had have to be carried out on a stretcher on oxygen. 😅🛌

Edited by noelh
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, noelh said:

6 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Rent a van, a BIG one

Hmmm, that's a worry.  I have a big van and I've never been to Hannants......  Is the universe trying to tell me something?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, noelh said:

Lowestoft is totally different and much much better, on the face of it the name is only the same as the warehouse is almost like eating a multipack of Mars bars an then feeling sick afterwards because you've had too much 🤣

They've got a mezzanine floor which has been there a few years now but if I remember right you're not allowed to go up the stairs too? Typically for me all the stuff I wanted was upstairs last time I went 

21 hours ago, noelh said:

Was that before you got to the aftermarket/decal section or after? :P

I mean, kits are only 1/3rd of the total floor space. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, alt-92 said:

Was that before you got to the aftermarket/decal section or after? :P

I mean, kits are only 1/3rd of the total floor space. 

I had a look at the aftermarket section. It was all too much for me. 😬

• Haha 1