Prometheus Bound - The A1 Lightning Will Rise Again!

Great representation of a sad Lightning, It is very realistic and well done and is a very different model to the usual run of Lightnings.  It saddened me how quickly the A1 Lightning deteriorated.  Each time I drove past it seemed to get a bit worse.

Colin

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 7/27/2021 at 10:33 PM, ColinChipmunkfan said:

Great representation of a sad Lightning, It is very realistic and well done and is a very different model to the usual run of Lightnings.  It saddened me how quickly the A1 Lightning deteriorated.  Each time I drove past it seemed to get a bit worse.

Colin

On 7/28/2021 at 1:55 AM, Rod bettencourt said:

This is really good stuff!! Thanks for sharing.

Rod

I'm sorry guys, I missed your comments at the time. I'm glad you liked it. Thanks.

I like these kind of abandoned plane. It makes me daydreaming. Especially when it’s so nicely done. I don’t miss the graffiti and I think they were not there in the beginning. The empty cockpit and the dented exhaust are spot on!

thanks for sharing 

Andy 

On 10/25/2021 at 5:06 PM, Andy Dyck said:

I like these kind of abandoned plane. It makes me daydreaming. Especially when it’s so nicely done. I don’t miss the graffiti and I think they were not there in the beginning. The empty cockpit and the dented exhaust are spot on!

thanks for sharing 

Andy 

Thank you Andy.

On 10/25/2021 at 5:18 PM, Gary Brantley said:

Great idea and a wonderful representation Bertie!  :clap2:

Cheers Gary

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2lefthands said:

A bit of a scrapyard would be nice!

Or, for some contrast, a polished black base ;)

You are right. I started a scrapyard using some Airfix(?) lorries and a lot of my spares box. I figured that a scrapyard on the A1 would be likely to have aviation based stock. Then, quite suddenly,  the muse left me and I binned all but the centrepiece. A base would have been a good alternative but it's too late now. I never go back to a finished piece.

13 minutes ago, 2lefthands said:

Thats an amazing build, Bertie. Absolutely stunning!

Thanks.

That's a great looking model. I remember seeing the inspiration many times on my jaunts up & down the A1 and always wondered what happened to her. I'm glad at least part of her is being saved

James

On 7/27/2021 at 10:33 PM, ColinChipmunkfan said:

Colin

6 hours ago, Mark4700 said:

Fantastic project. Looks amazing.

Thanks guys.