J7W1 Shinden 1/48 Hasegawa

Hey all.

Big thanks to @Pete in Lincs for letting me have this one from the stash. My first Japanese aircraft. I'm planning on building a few more. Then onto Russian stuff. 

The build was lovely, managed to build most of it within one night. 

Then last night fiddling around with something else I managed to get a blob of poly cement on the canopy. In my frustration I then managed to snap a landing gear off. 

I forgot to put weight in the nose, but this actually stands by itself. On its very spindly fragile landing gear. 

So here it is. Apologies for the terrible photography too. 

20210721_103306

20210721_103252

20210721_103244

20210721_103210

20210720_220114

I haven't fashioned a spinner, but a jet version was also on the drawing board for this aircraft. 

All in all a very pleasant build untill I lost my way after the little conopy accident. 

Thanks for looking 

🐧

Edited by FPDPenguin
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Nice save regarding the cone of the propeller. It wouldn't have ocurred to me to paint the root of the propeller in a metallic colour.

Edited by Sturmovik
  • Like 1

I love to see these aircraft built! (see avatar pic 😉)   Your model looks great to me! :clap2: I've always thought the Shinden had the most "futuristic" appearance of any WWII airplane and it might have had a successful career if events had been otherwise.   As for a proposed jet version...well, have I got a story for you.   You may find this tale interesting.  🙂

Japanese Jet Ace

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Gidge said:

Yesterday I saw a hobby shop advertising a kit of the jet version if you're instated interested in "completing the set" so to speak. 

https://www.hobbyco.com.au/1-48-kyushu-j7w2-s-interceptor-fighter-shindenkai

Thanks for adding that link Gidge.   Interesting...it seems they've cribbed at least a couple of the ideas I used on my long-ago J7W3 design.    That's an interim type I suppose. 🙂