Hasegawa F-15J Eagle `305SQ 40th Anniversary' special markings 1/72

Hello Guys,

The kit is a generic Hasegawa kit, which is no problem in the building except for some minor parts which require little filling and sanding. But what strikes me or what is conspicuous is the marking when I saw this aircraft 2 years ago I wish someone did it and Hasegawa came out and I just bought it. Yeah, the decals were just awesome and blown me away. So here it is my favorite aircraft in my collections. The F-15J Eagle `305SQ 40th Anniversary' special markings.

0.jpg

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

a5.jpg

a6.jpg

a7.jpg

a8.jpg

DSC-9897.jpg

Cheers

Edited by tomthounaojam
  • Like 50
  • Thanks 1

Seeing those has made me grin out loud! Beautiful, beautiful work. Two little jewels and the contrast between the two schemes is dazzling.

I saved one of your photos in a new folder called 'Fab models to emulate', I hope you don't mind.

Edited by Bertie Psmith
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Seeing those has made me grin out loud! Beautiful, beautiful work. Two little jewels and the contrast between the two schemes is dazzling.

I saved one of your photos in a new folder called 'Fab models to emulate', I hope you don't mind.

Thanks Bertie, glad to know you like what I have built. Sure no worries, cheers.

5 hours ago, Paintychops said:

Spectacular job! I can imagine those decals could have been a nightmare but you pulled it off perfectly. As Bertie above just said, something to emulate!

Indeed it was quite tough working with those decals I made a small video will share here once I done editing it. Appreciate the kind words, cheers.

4 hours ago, arfa1983 said:

Soooo good!

Thanks Mate

• Like 1

Wow!

Confidence and precision in the application of decals are qualities you clearly possess in spades!

Definitely gold standard for complex marking schemes.

:clap2::clap2:

• Thanks 1

On 7/22/2021 at 9:16 AM, kapam said:

Wow!

Confidence and precision in the application of decals are qualities you clearly possess in spades!

Definitely gold standard for complex marking schemes.

:clap2::clap2:

Hehe, it wasn't that easy when you don't have decals softner it is just vinegar and lots of patient as I can do quickly as I have to see how the vinegar react and register the decals. Lots of on the edges time. Glad I didn't had a hammer with me. Thank you for the kind words

On 7/23/2021 at 1:05 AM, Vultures1 said:

Wow, spectacular Eagle! Well done

Much appreciated Mate

On 7/23/2021 at 3:56 AM, Mark4700 said:

That looks awesome. I know you said the decals were good, but still, applying them must have been tricky. 

It sure was, and as I stated before it was a daunting task took a day and half to complete it Thank you so very much.

On 7/23/2021 at 11:11 AM, Flyingdutchman said:

Bravo on the decals 👏🏻. The Japanese know how to design striking schemes.

Great kit and build.

Cheers Evert

Thank you Evert, Cheers

On 7/23/2021 at 6:26 PM, kiseca said:

That looks absolutely lovely!

Thank you!!!

23 hours ago, Giampiero Piva said:

I'm not a fan of modern aircraft, but your model is fantastic!

Glad to know that, cheers mate

21 hours ago, Red Dot said:

I love your model. Top job

Andy

Thank you Andy, cheers

4 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Best scheme an F-15 ever wore perhaps & shown to advantage with some magical modelling. Nicely done Tom. :thumbsup:

Steve.

Thank you Steve, really appreciate the kind words.

4 hours ago, Modelling Padre said:

It just looks so right and to get the decals to sit so well means you are a decal sensei.

Amazing.

Decals, this one work I will never forget, use almost half a bottle of vinegar to get this, wish I had some decal softner, life would have been easy hehe, Thank you for the kind words, cheers.
blue.jpg
Thank you every, really appreciate the kind words, to blue skies.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...