Peddinghaus Decals Problem

fishplanebeer

Recently bought a decal set from Peddinghaus as it had the correct 'Red' KG2 Holzhammer badge for II Gruppe instead of the white or yellow versions available from other decal sheets. However when I applied the decal to gloss surface of the model the density of the red in the badge was extremely poor and not strong enough to prevent it being distorted by the underlying dark green camouflage colour.

I've queried this with Peddinghaus and they refuse to accept that there is a problem but I then also tried another red coloured badge from the same sheet and hey presto exactly the same result although oddly the white element of this second decal wasn't affected at all.

As they are not exactly the cheapest decals out there I'm somewhat disappointed to put it mildly so wondered if anyone else has encountered a similar problem with their decals as well?

I've now applied a white KG2 badge from an old Eagle Strike sheet and have had to convince myself that the aircraft was transferred from I Gruppe to II Gruppe at some point but they forgot to change the badge colour - possible but not exactly ideal.

Regards

Colin.

Just tried some more decals from the Bomber Geshwaderwappen Peddinghaus decal sheet (72 0897) and they all have the same problem, great detail but so weak in colour that even when you put them on your finger the background colour darkens. Maybe I have a rogue sheet but I now regret splashing out on what appear to be very poor decals that are practically useless! Correction, they are utterly useless you can find a way of adding a white decal base to fit exactly behind the decal which given some of the shapes of the badges would be almost impossible to achieve. And yet amazingly Peddinghaus insist that I'm the problem and not their decals, so beware.

Regards

Colin.

I bought one sheet for a specific Gruppen badge. It came with a red shield minus the white cross. That is easily remedied, but out of the whole sheet, that was the only error.

I also found if you apply them over rivets, they will not bed down, even with decal solutions.

Schoolboy errors I'm afraid.