Pistol Shots Ring Out In A Bar Room Night - Arma Hobby Hurricane Mk.IIb.

1 minute ago, dogsbody said:

That sounds like a definite " Oh :poop: ! " moment.

Chris

Quite definitely.

I was all pleased with myself and it was only when checking in the cockpit for things needing done before  I got the canopy on in preparation for some paint that I spotted it was missing.

Not one of my better moments. I may have used some less than professional language at that point.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

Nope wings had already been glued on but I got it in there without too much aggro and there will be minimal clean up based on what I can see.

Cheers,

Alistair

But you've completed an epic save there, my friend! Excellent! In the words of Inspector Clouseau, "It's all part of life's rich pageant, you know!" (you'll have to imagine the accent.....) Onward and upward :)

Cheers,

Mark

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 2996 Victor said:

But you've completed an epic save there, my friend! Excellent! In the words of Inspector Clouseau, "It's all part of life's rich pageant, you know!" (you'll have to imagine the accent.....) Onward and upward :)

Cheers,

Mark

Thanks Mark,

I'll tell you what I'm not going near any supposed hoteliers dogs at the moment.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Haha 2

Just now, AliGauld said:

Thanks Mark,

I'll tell you what I'm not going near any supposed hoteliers dogs at the moment.

Cheers,

Alistair

"Zat iss not mein dog!"

Jane isn't a great fan of the Panther films, but she absolutely loves the "crossing the moat" scene :D I love them all, but the first two especially - the gorillas and the safe and the end car chase (which I've always thought could have been a bit longer) in The Pink Panther, and the billiards scene in A Shot In The Dark (my absolute film favourite of them all) still reduce me to tears of laughter :D 

That's cheered me up no end!

Mark

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, 2996 Victor said:

"Zat iss not mein dog!"

Jane isn't a great fan of the Panther films, but she absolutely loves the "crossing the moat" scene :D I love them all, but the first two especially - the gorillas and the safe and the end car chase (which I've always thought could have been a bit longer) in The Pink Panther, and the billiards scene in A Shot In The Dark (my absolute film favourite of them all) still reduce me to tears of laughter :D 

That's cheered me up no end!

Mark

The Sellers Films (There weren't any others really) are some of my favourite films of all time.

"Shot in the Dark" is my favourite of all of them but I'm usually hurting by the end of watching any of them. :rofl: :rofl2:

Cheers,

Alistair

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

The Sellers Films (There weren't any others really) are some of my favourite films of all time.

"Shot in the Dark" is my favourite of all of them but I'm usually hurting by the end of watching them. :rofl: :rofl2:

Cheers,

Alistair

Absolutely! The trail of carnage as Clouseau and Maria go to the various restaurants and bars is hilarious, as is Dreyfuss' growing mania: "Francois, I've cut off my thumb. Mmm-mmm, ha-ha!" I really want to watch one of them this evening :rofl2:, but I've lent my box set to my Mum!

Cheers,

Mark

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 2996 Victor said:

Absolutely! The trail of carnage as Clouseau and Maria go to the various restaurants and bars is hilarious, as is Dreyfuss' growing mania: "Francois, I've cut off my thumb. Mmm-mmm, ha-ha!" I really want to watch one of them this evening :rofl2:, but I've lent my box set to my Mum!

Cheers,

Mark

I'm going to have to watch one of them tonight if I can find the Box Set. I think it's in the case behind the couch but we'll see.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbadbadge said:

Phew, that was lucky, good to see it still closed up after the IP went in !!!

Great job fella.

Chris

aye, I can be a bit of a jammy so and so on occasions.

Think Michael Palin in Life of Brian. The scene in the cell as what a correct response should be.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Haha 4

Nice save, I’m on my fourth Arma Hurricane, a IIb this time. You probably could have saved a little grief by just leaving the IP out. If you do a closed canopy, you can hardly tell there is an instrument panel anyway 😏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chuck1945 said:

Nice save, I’m on my fourth Arma Hurricane, a IIb this time. You probably could have saved a little grief by just leaving the IP out. If you do a closed canopy, you can hardly tell there is an instrument panel anyway 😏

Thanks very much.

That thought did occur to me but only after I'd popped the seam, so I gave it a go.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1

Things are starting to move on again.

irBrZmj.jpg

And some Interior Grey Green,

4sARL8x.jpg

Xiv70iN.jpg

And some primer

1k4MsrG.jpg

qvUEDfz.jpg

And finally for the fuselage at the moment some of Colourcoats absolutely gorgeous Azure Blue

t5FlGbJ.jpg

ItBc8M2.jpg

Some Colourcoats Buff applied to the small bit for hanging off the wings.

FQpI7T4.jpg

I've used this for Hawker Primer before and it will do as the pale yellow for these I think.

That will be all for just now. 

I may get more done on Tuesday as I'm on a Safety Brief so will be home a bit earlier and less fatigued.

Thanks for looking,

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 10

This is looking great.  I'm sniffing around the Arma Hurricane threads as a pal has one for me and I'm gleaning methods and ideas!  Yours will be brilliant, I'm sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, jackroadkill said:

This is looking great.  I'm sniffing around the Arma Hurricane threads as a pal has one for me and I'm gleaning methods and ideas!  Yours will be brilliant, I'm sure.

Thanks so much.

If you do exactly what I don't then it will all turn out swimmingly. ;)

Cheers,

Alistair

• Haha 2

Once again, I divert my attention from BM for a few days (big birthday for Mrs. D. so we took ourselves off to a swanky hotel in Perthshire, a region entirely devoid of modelling shops as far as I can tell) and return to find you’ve nearly finished another build! Honestly, I can’t keep up. I note though that you have once more shot yourself in the foot (figuratively speaking) during a build, then made a brilliant recovery which leaves us even more in awe of your modelling skills. A pattern is beginning to emerge (strokes chin thoughtfully). 

Great looking Hurricane and that Azure Blue is indeed gorgeous (must resist buying yet more paints, must resist...)

Craig. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Dandie Dinmont said:

Once again, I divert my attention from BM for a few days (big birthday for Mrs. D. so we took ourselves off to a swanky hotel in Perthshire, a region entirely devoid of modelling shops as far as I can tell) and return to find you’ve nearly finished another build! Honestly, I can’t keep up. I note though that you have once more shot yourself in the foot (figuratively speaking) during a build, then made a brilliant recovery which leaves us even more in awe of your modelling skills. A pattern is beginning to emerge (strokes chin thoughtfully). 

Great looking Hurricane and that Azure Blue is indeed gorgeous (must resist buying yet more paints, must resist...)

Craig. 

Thanks Craig,

I hope you and your Good Lady enjoyed the trip to Perthshire.

As for shooting myself in the foot. There does seem to be a certain regularity with that particular practice.

Almost Olympic quality I would suggest. What I would like is a build to go together nicely without any stupid mistakes.:wall:

Who am I kidding this is what I do. :doh:

It's the old making myself look better than I really am ploy. :wicked:

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Looking very nice indeed Alistair,  i ordered some more colour coats paint this weekend and got some of that Azure blue too.

Great work fella 

Chris 

Thanks Chris,

It is such a gorgeous colour and they are phenomenal paints.

The Hurricane is now at my favourite stage where the colours go on and it stars to come together and also the scariest as a stuff up now may not be recoverable.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1

Great progress, Alistair, this is such a brilliant build, and the ColourCoats azure blue looks spiffing :) I'm definitely going to give them a try!

Really looking forward to seeing your next instalment!

Cheers,

Mark

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 2996 Victor said:

Great progress, Alistair, this is such a brilliant build, and the ColourCoats azure blue looks spiffing :) I'm definitely going to give them a try!

Really looking forward to seeing your next instalment!

Cheers,

Mark

Thanks Mark,

I managed to squeeze some in today on a shift turn round day. The next instalment may be Tuesday or maybe not. Safety Briefs tend to give me a migraine along with the Rules Exam that goes with it.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1

Right that's the safety brief and rules exam over.

So on with some more important stuff.

I gave the upper surfaces a light marbling with Tamiya Buff to introduce some tonal variation in the surfaces.

HDJUcm2.jpg

As I had neglected to do this on the lower surfaces I decided to try what, for me, might be a risky prospect.

I marbled the lower surfaces with the buff and when dry misted a few coats of highly thinned Azure Blue over the top.

It was thinned about 80% thinner to 20% paint.

You need to be careful with this process as the marbling shows through more as the paint dries.

This is the result of three light coats and I think it will do.

lOfkwqW.jpg

The variation is a little stronger than I would like but the final varnish coat should tone it down to a subtle finish. :fingerscrossed:

We shall see.

Thanks for looking,

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 8

1 minute ago, bigbadbadge said:

Nice mottling Alistair.  Like it.i am sure the Varnish will tone the undersides down .my paint is arriving tomorrow so will be able to get some painting done wahoo.

Great work fella 

Chris

Thanks Chris,

I'm fairly confident it will tone it down to the level I want but if it doesn't it's underneath so it won't be very visible. :wicked:

It's always nice when a ColourCoats delivery arrives.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 3