1/72nd Valom Bristol Buckmaster T.1, 45 Sqn, Tengah, Op Firedog, 1950.

That is some build Tony, the Buckmaster has turned out wonderfully well, excellent stuff. 

..... and what can I say about that No. 45 'Flying Camels' collection.... Wow!!! absolutely break-taking and a collection that you should be immensely proud of. 

Cheers and huge congratulations.. Dave   

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kapam said:

A totally excellent build!

The metallic finish and subtle griminess really look the part.

👍👍

I know nothing about the type but it "looks" very balanced and airworthy, by my superficial assessment. 🤔

Thanks mate,.... glad you like it, especially as it is an aircraft you`ve not heard of before.   

On 7/21/2021 at 6:54 AM, RidgeRunner said:

I love it, Tony :)

Thanks mate. 

On 7/21/2021 at 7:01 AM, Rabbit Leader said:

That is some build Tony, the Buckmaster has turned out wonderfully well, excellent stuff. 

..... and what can I say about that No. 45 'Flying Camels' collection.... Wow!!! absolutely break-taking and a collection that you should be immensely proud of. 

Cheers and huge congratulations.. Dave   

Cheers Dave,.... glad you like it mate,...... I`m currently searching out a Vampire T.11 and a Blenheim Mk.I to expand the collection too.  I also forgot to add my 45 Sqn Vengeance,... maybe next time eh?

On 7/21/2021 at 7:53 AM, stevehnz said:

Another triumph of your modelling skills Tony, it looks fantastic as do the rest of its 45 sqn stable mates, hells bells, what a line up. :)

Steve.

Cheers Steve,..... glad you like it and the rest of the collection,...... very much appreciated mate.

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 1

"You see, Joey.... when an Avro Shackleton and a Bristol Brigand love each other very, very much..."

Kidding aside, its a beautiful model. Actually rather smart in that paint scheme. I have the Valom Brigand myself and i wanna build it.... but my Wyvern is next in the queue.

-d-

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, David H said:

"You see, Joey.... when an Avro Shackleton and a Bristol Brigand love each other very, very much..."

Kidding aside, its a beautiful model. Actually rather smart in that paint scheme. I have the Valom Brigand myself and i wanna build it.... but my Wyvern is next in the queue.

-d-

LOL,.... thanks David,.... I have a Magna kit too and I`m sorely tempted to build it in the original camouflage with yellow undersides.

11 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

It’s not often I see a RAF aircraft that’s new to me. This is a pleasant way to do that. Nice modelling, Tony 

Thanks Bertie and glad to have contributed to your education! 

6 hours ago, 85sqn said:

Some absolutely lovely work here Tony! Love the Buckmaster and the Brigand. Would love to see those in 1/48

Thanks mate and oh yeah,..... imagine how huge they would be in 1/48th!! 

Just when I think one of your builds can't get any better, you spring a Buckmaster on me!  As stated above, a beautiful build of a not-so beautiful airplane. Exhaust streaking is especially impressive. Never realized how small an airframe the Hornet was until you see it next to a Beaufighter or Brigand, which is one BIG twin! A- I wish I had your skills, and B- I wish I had your productivity! Keep 'em coming, Tony!

Mike

I agree-aftermarket cowlings and cooling fans would be ever so nice! Maybe the talented gang at Red Roo would consider doing a set along with props? (At the rate you are cranking them out, they could recoup their tooling costs with  your purchases alone!) :giggle:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Thankfully a lifelong process. Something new every day!

We are all learning and those that profess to be experts should be given a very wide berth! 

1 hour ago, 72modeler said:

Just when I think one of your builds can't get any better, you spring a Buckmaster on me!  As stated above, a beautiful build of a not-so beautiful airplane. Exhaust streaking is especially impressive. Never realized how small an airframe the Hornet was until you see it next to a Beaufighter or Brigand, which is one BIG twin! A- I wish I had your skills, and B- I wish I had your productivity! Keep 'em coming, Tony!

Mike

I agree-aftermarket cowlings and cooling fans would be ever so nice! Maybe the talented gang at Red Roo would consider doing a set along with props? (At the rate you are cranking them out, they could recoup their tooling costs with  your purchases alone!) :giggle:

LOL,.... thanks Mike,..... yeah I like to compare the size of aircraft where they are so different. 

Skill,... Productivity,...... no mate I just bumble along!

19 hours ago, Andy Dyck said:

Hi Tony,

what a beautiful type and model. It’s always good to see these rare ones!
superb job !

Thx for sharing 

Andy 

Thanks Andy,.... glad you like it mate,.... ta, 

17 hours ago, russ c said:

Great builds there Tony, fantastic collection too. Really nice work

Thanks Russ,.... means a lot mate. . 

47 minutes ago, 112 Squadron said:

This is indeed a nice tribute to a little known aircraft type from a post WW2 conflict that tends to be forgotten. I really like your new project Tony!

Thanks mate,.... glad you like it,..... cheers.