Tamiya Mustang GT4 (That One)

moviedrone

After much consternation, I decided to give this lovely new Tamiya kit a go. However, I'm not going to be giving it any of the racing livery, as I wanted something different - so I'm going to paint it the classic Mustang grabber orange. Onwards!

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 12

27 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

Wasn't there also a Hugger blue back then? Chevy had Hugger orange, anyway, great names for great colours.

Oh, a lot of :popcorn: reserved for watching "that one" got built!

It was Grabber Blue.  My uncle had an F250 that colour, with a white roof.

I don't know much about new Mustangs or Tamiya kits, so this one has piqued my interest.

• Like 1

Calypso Coral is probably my favorite color on a vintage Mustang.  The Competition Orange they used on the 2012 Boss 302 was pretty reminiscent of it.

This car will probably look great in that color.  Looking forward to it.  This kit is on my "want to acquire" list along w/ the '95 Cobra R.

• Like 1

Decided - as the car is going to be orange and black - to spray the chassis black, so will re lay the gold and chrome on that shortly. Have also been painting the front suspension, another joyfully tiny bit.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 8

Got to love painting springs, always feels like a lot of work and takes quite a while, but looks good in the end. Or at least up to the point before you hide them behind the wheels 😄 That one is looking good though, always tricky when you have such a colour contrast as you have between the blue and the gold but it's come out well.

• Like 1

I'm going to follow along with this one if you'll have me

I've also got one of these for the group build that I'll hopefully start soon once my bench is clear of the Katana

I think I'm just going OOB with the white one though, unless I change my mind

Liking the retro colours you're going with though, should look excellent :) 

Ian 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looking goodso far.

Can't remember where I read it now but saw something about modelling acting as a form of mindfullness which could help counteract the black dog. Now do you need any more excuse? ;)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A bit more done - have done some of the interior bits, and finally put the colour coat on and polish. Had some trouble getting the best finish from my airbrush so resorted to using a rattlecan - Tamiya Brilliant Orange, which definitely looks the part. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by moviedrone
forgot second image
  • Like 8

• 3 weeks later...