Guardian 75mm by Black Sun miniatures.

It's been a long time since I painted a figure and I have had this Black Sun Guardian 75mm kicking about for far to long. So over the last few days I have put the figures together and built the base, adding a 3d printed staircase that I have distressed a little and made a small wire tree. I have not added the sleeping pod as I don't really like it. 

I was a bit heavy handed with the PVA/water mix but I think I will cover the grownd in static grass.

First round of primer done. 

IMG-20210719-213338.jpg
IMG-20210719-213411.jpg
IMG-20210720-124152.jpg
IMG-20210720-144851.jpg
IMG-20210720-150158.jpg
IMG-20210720-150222.jpg
IMG-20210720-150238.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, modelerdave said:

The paint job on the kid is fantastic! 

Cheers, quite happy with it as as today the optician said I need glasses for close up work like reading and painting.... 😱 🤓

Made a start on the robots cap tonight. A very warn leather cape. 

IMG-20210722-215152.jpg
IMG-20210722-215200.jpg

• Like 3

16 hours ago, rockpopandchips said:

Made a start on the robots cap tonight. A very warn leather cape.

Splendid start with the cape! Can you give details on how you did it?

3 hours ago, Mjoo said:

Splendid start with the cape! Can you give details on how you did it?

Here are the paints I used, started with a base of light brown, then a good dollop of Guilliman flesh,  don't be shy when using this stuff it loves to be splashed all over. Then a working on the shadows while the flesh is still wet blens in some wyldwood. Let dry sponge on some Agrax, Nuln oil in the reassess, let dry then a bit of white pigment powder to highlight then back in with the Wyldwood in the low rips and edges to darken them. I will probably edge highlight with the light brown again. 

Hope that helps. 

bsh.jpg
upload picture online

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Made a start on some colour so I could paint in the shoulder netting but really didn't like it so have ended up going with a slightly boring blue, I might add a green lower leg ( C3PO style) later on and I will be adding a blue/grey into the armour as well. Made some good progress on the netting and I'm quite happy with it but thinking of adding a bit of a brown wash/filter to it. 

IMG-20210723-213120.jpg
IMG-20210725-095038.jpg

• Like 1