H P Hastings T5

My second Hastings submission, a "Cod War" T5 to follow my previous C1. This is a Welsh Models solid resin kit whilst the C1 was a vacuun formed kit. It is 1/144 scale and the markings are my own productions.

Little more to say. The kit goes together nicely, taking care in mating the flying surfaces to the fuselage. I drill and insert brass rod rather than depend upon a straight butt joint. Some filling with Milliput to blend it all together and make ready for painting the scheme that you see below. A lot quicker to build than the vacform but not as versatile for doing modifications.

Vincent

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 33

It might have been '517 that was sitting in the hangar at Pages when I was there.  Or a near sister.  I don't think that I saw anyone working on it for several months at the end of 1968, but I didn't keep track.  It was said that it was a great aircraft for going into, getting into the tunnel to the bomb-aimer's position, and having a brief kip.  I can't confirm this.

• Like 1

Alex, The stack of fish are mission markings from the "Cod War" between Iceland and the UK in 1975. Iceland declared a 200 mile limit which the UK contested and tried to ignore with both sides using some aggressive seamanship to intimidate. Put simply, the limit was eventually recognised by the UK and they lived happily ever after.

Vincent

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Vincent said:

. Put simply, the limit was eventually recognised by the UK and they lived happily ever after.

Vincent

Ice-protected vessels against tin-can frigates not allowed to use force - you can get which side used the most aggressive seamanship!  As far as living happily ever after, you might like to ask the once-busy fishermen of Fleetwood and Grimsby about that!  But old wars...

That looks superb.  One doesn't get to see many completed Welshmodel kits.  Having said that I'll probably be going fo the new MikroMir kit.