Canberra PR7

BillF67

On 25/07/2021 at 08:34, rickshaw said:

No, they don't.  Actually, just perusing their website suggests they no longer produce any Canberra variants.

I just had a look at the HPM website, and the B.2 and T.4 (both in 1:72) can be "added to cart." The same is true for the B(1) Mk. 8, RB-57A, RB-57D in 1:144. So I assume these are readily available.

Other marks are shown as "contact for availability." These include the B.20, B.6, Mk. 21, RB-57D-2, and RB-57A (all in 1:72) and B.2, Mk. 20, and B.6 (all in 1:144). I recently inquired about the availability of the 1:72 Sea Vixen, and was able to buy one. So you never know - if you see something you like send them an email. Christopher responds very quickly.

Cheers,

Bill

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, rossm said:

I thought the A had the American engines?

For my D I did not use a spar, it's been ok so far. My problem was the main undercarriage legs seem too tall to get the right sit - or maybe they should have more rake than I gave them? RFI -

Sorry for give the thread drift another nudge Bill.

As I said, the A model looks superficially like the Canberra but there are a lot of detail changes. 

John

I will mate the Aeroclub forward fuselage with the FROG B(I) 8 to get a PR.7.  The B(I) 8 has the correct body length, engines, and shape--just a matter of doing some cutting to create camera windows, and a rear-fuselage flare bay using the existing kit parts.  Though they are designed for the S and M kit, Scale Aircraft Conversion's landing gear set should do quite nicely.  Just a matter of detailing the gear bays, finding a MB Mk.2 ejection seat, and otherwise having fun with it.  Paint would be disruptive green/gray over LAG with low-viz decals for #39 Squadron.

3 minutes ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

I will mate the Aeroclub forward fuselage with the FROG B(I) 8 to get a PR.7.  The B(I) 8 has the correct body length, engines, and shape--just a matter of doing some cutting to create camera windows, and a rear-fuselage flare bay using the existing kit parts.  Though they are designed for the S and M kit, Scale Aircraft Conversion's landing gear set should do quite nicely.  Just a matter of detailing the gear bays, finding a MB Mk.2 ejection seat, and otherwise having fun with it.  Paint would be disruptive green/gray over LAG with low-viz decals for #39 Squadron.

Unfortunately, that won't work, the fuselage will be too short. Every thing else is ok though.

John

5 minutes ago, canberra kid said:

fuselage will be too short

That's fine.  I know where to make the cuts and additions, thanks to your excellent station diagrams.  The fuselage cross section should be constant where I need to add 1/4" of length and that makes it relatively easy to do, especially in creating compartments/flat optical sections for the cameras.

26 minutes ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

That's fine.  I know where to make the cuts and additions, thanks to your excellent station diagrams.  The fuselage cross section should be constant where I need to add 1/4" of length and that makes it relatively easy to do, especially in creating compartments/flat optical sections for the cameras.

Yes it's quite straightforward. 

John

• Thanks 1