Norwich Air Museum July 15 2021.

Paul J

Hope you don't mind, but I would like to show some pics of the rather nice City of Norwich Air Museum I visited last week on my last day while taking a break in Norfolk.  Here is a selection:

18Me5i.jpg

4dzNdh.jpg

pVJNor.jpg

Oi0gSI.jpg

7vvZ6W.jpg

dJzEaP.jpg

iIg4oj.jpg

Euc5D9.jpg

Close up of the lLightning rea end ... IF you look closely, the civvy reg, G-AWON, applied to this airframe in 1968 ad displayed at Farnborough September 1968 can be made out under the serial that was NOT worn on this aircraft as it went to the RSAF. On the port side it wears thes markings and its Saudi serial 53-686. I have a photo I took of this jet taken at the Show mentioned.
cCK4bB.jpg

0JzKgP.jpg

exdeKR.jpg

FAP33a.jpg

CpVCFK.jpg

F.27
AWM4P2.jpg

PA 23 Aztec
Dvsq0W.jpg

Sea Harrier with dodgy looking plywood tail cone!
UdMQuF.jpg

zzfaiW.jpg

Phantom nose with Mark Hannas name. One he flew apparently
BFGb6P.jpg

Nimrod flight deck.
gGDxSt.jpg

guyufZ.jpg

G2K3Yf.jpg

Gasks2.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Paul J said:

Hope you don't mind, but I would like to show some pics of the rather nice City of Norwich Air Museum I visited last week on my last while taking a break in Norfolk.

thanks for posting- they look to be in decent condition for being out in the open

11 hours ago, cmatthewbacon said:

Darn it! Two weeks in Norfolk earlier this month and I didn’t know this existed. That’ll teach me to ALWAYS check W&R before I go on holiday…

best,

M.

Never mind... a good excuse to go back.  I like it in Norfolk; ever since my first foray away from home not with the family but with the ATC and my first camp at RAF Coltishall in 1968.   I have a few more pics to add once I have tidied them up.  Plus a few on the airport.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...