Midnight Hawks 2017 Scheme - Finnish Display Team with extra jazz

The BAE Hawk is most commonly associated with the Red Arrows. I guess now-a-days many are also familiar with the Saudi Falcons (previously Saudi Hawks) who have had a longstnading relationship with the Red Arrows. Quietly, in the north of Europe, another team uses the Hawk to beautiful effect in a 4-aircraft flight.

The Midnight Hawks used to have a standard grey scheme, with identifying numbers on the tails in order to identify the aircraft of the display team. 

In 2017, however, to commemorate the 100th anniversary of Finnish independence, they display team received a lovely new scheme showing their Finnish colours, and bringing some colour to their standard grey scheme. 

2017 was also the 20th year of attending RIAT with my father, where this scheme was debuted - giving it a double-meaning for me. 

As usual I've written a full review of the decals here - I didn't touch much on the kit as I've got loads of these to build - but it was a joy!

Below you'll find the build video and a photo. I haven't taken many of it it seems, and the one below shows it the best!. 

XFriEH4.png

4AbsotL.png

Edited by MsModeller
added another pic
  • Like 18

Quite a surprice to see model and decals for this livery! Thank you for showing it!

BTW there is or has been a set for the Saunders smoke pods IIRC from Maestro Models. They are used by many aerobatics teams.

Cheers,

AaCee

3 hours ago, AaCee26 said:

Quite a surprice to see model and decals for this livery! Thank you for showing it!

BTW there is or has been a set for the Saunders smoke pods IIRC from Maestro Models. They are used by many aerobatics teams.

Cheers,

AaCee

OMG I did not know that existed! I might order a few sets of these to have in the 'spares' box and a convenient excuse to make another one!

I was super happy to see this scheme around. They're often overlooekd but they're so impressive and cool! 

Always delighted to see a Finnish subject here on BM. Especially a modern one. You have done a very nice job:goodjob:

Many Moons ago my colleague was Midnight Hawk One. Back then they were flying the jet in a three tone camouflage.

Here's a very nice video:

Cheers,

Antti

• Like 1