AZ models G-6

Watching the paint dry on the F-4s got tiresome so I decided to take on my last unbuilt AZ Messerschmitt.

It’s a boxing containing these:

cl8bKRk.jpg

...but I will make use of some Xtradecal sheets I have so that money wasn’t all wasted. One of the G-6s seen here, provably the one flown by a man named Kahler:

QvxAt7D.jpg

The AZ kit contains parts to do a G-5, G-6, G-8 or G-14, with several different options of tanks and armament, making the sprues look busy:

JJ7OT5T.jpg

I have already finished the cockpit:

weZsVjO.png

Oops, a terrible photo, but I’m sure you’ve seen it before anyway. It’s very nicely detailed, I’d consider having an open canopy if I had any vac-forms. And my sandpaper is apparently RLM02 if Vallejo is correct.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Touvdal said:

I am doing the Kahler a/c as well just remenber that it is a U3, with the recon camera attachment in the fuselage behind the wing.

Cheers

Jes

Thank you, this I hadn’t noticed. Will have to figure out what to do about that.

It is anyhow time for an involuntary break - I cannot find the airscoop. I glued the two parts together, put the piece on the middle of the desk, thought ”I’ll have to be careful or I’ll lose this” and now I’ve lost it.

The other pieces I’ve put together. It’s very similar to AZ models’ F kits, just slightly more refined: for example, as opposed ti the F boxing this one has grilles for the underwing intakes. Too bad I didn’t read the instructions or I could’ve added them 😕 

OxaCm3K.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Touvdal said:

You can get the camera flaring from Airwaves

20210609_092843

Cheers Jes

Thanks again Jes, that pictures solves it - the F-boxing contains that piece, just need a little whittling, and a spot of clear glue for the lens.

And apparently the Special Hobby Finnish G6 contained an unused airscoop just the size I needed for this. 

Summa summarum, she’s prepped for the paintshop.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Finished painting. Have to practice mottling, not my favourite task. I believe I should invest in a smaller needle.

Currently drying gloss varnish.

gCdLPEX.jpg

I knocked off the pitot tube and one aileron balance weight, as usual. Wish they could include at least one extra on the sprues.

• Like 4