3 Jackstands & Bf 109 G-6

all the pictures from the original release had gone so i uploaded them again wit a different pic host

....once upon a time there were 3 Jackstands..... but read yourself

spacer.png

...but the Jackstands yelled give us something to support so i made this in the belief it's ok now....

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

...but still the whole arrangement yelled meh... this is boring we want something to connect to...

So i ended up with this....

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

...last but not least the guys from the maintenance crew installed some cowlings...spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

..not much will be seen from the cockpit once snuggled in so here some shots during building process..

spacer.png

spacer.png

So i've learnt my lesson and i don't think that i will be that naive a second time, doing 3 Jackstands and believing to get away with it....

BTW the Camouflage & Markings of my Bf 109 for this build are fictitious

Base kit Revell & good amount of scratch parts and some Eduard Resin

All the best

Hans

Edited by supersonic
  • Like 55
  • Thanks 5

That looks great, fictional or not it's impressive work. Although you have wonder by that stage of the war any of  them survived long enough to end up on jacks.😉 Brilliant job though. 

One small, rivet counting pedantic point is that the little bit of wear on the propellor while realistically depicted, it's on the wrong side of the propellor. Because the BMW engine rotated clockwise as seen from the cockpit. But then again perhaps that's why it needs work. 😅

Edited by noelh

Some of the most impressive work I've ever seen. The above praise is well deserved and you can enjoy the spotlight.

2 hours ago, noelh said:

That looks great, fictional or not it's impressive work. Although you have wonder by that stage of the war any of  them survived long enough to end up on jacks.😉 Brilliant job though. 

One small, rivet counting pedantic point is that the little bit of wear on the propellor while realistically depicted, it's on the wrong side of the propellor. Because the BMW engine rotated clockwise as seen from the cockpit. But then again perhaps that's why it needs work. 😅

One small, pedantic point is that the engine isn't a BMW but a Daimler Benz DB 605 engine. 🧐

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

One small, pedantic point is that the engine isn't a BMW but a Daimler Benz DB 605 engine. 🧐

Kind regards,

Joachim

😂🥵 Doh! Hoist by my own Petard. Must have been thinking of the Fw190. But nevertheless it rotated clockwise. 

😡

Honestly I should Google more and not rely on my very faulty memory. 

Now where did I leave my glasses? 

Edited by noelh
  • Haha 1

Well now, that is stretching beyond the realms of model building into sheer artistry!

I could've been impressed by just the stands alone, but the Messerschmitt tops it off.

Awesome!

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

@noelh

no big thing, let's agree on it it has an engine that rotates.... 😄

@noelh & @Spitfire31

12 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

I'm aware of this let's say little technical inaccuracy but in the end it's scale modeling, i just do like the effect and rely on my artistic license here...🙂

I appreciate that you like it though....

Cheers

Hans

• Like 1
  • Haha 1