Heller 1:72 PZL 23A 'Karas' in Romanian Markings

Afternoon folks, well it's been a couple of weeks I think since this particular model was completed, so 'better late than never' I guess.

This is the first completed model from my attempt at a PZL-themed 'tri-andem build' which in fact turned out to be nothing more than the sequential build of 3 models all documented in the same thread. At the time of posting the WIP thread (here, for the sufficiently curious) is still active, awaiting me to gather the required courage to take on the last model in the sequence.

I was quite pleased with how it turned out, despite many trials and tribulations with PE, decals etc, and a serious collapse of mojo partway through last year and well into this year. No matter, hopefully that's all behind me now.

So, no doubt by popular demand, I shall cut the blether and just get to posting the pics:

S1NjaC2.jpg

tI46sI2.jpg

1q1uLe7.jpg

Srdz0g7.jpg

C6JylAG.jpg

atS9Fj1.jpg

2QqzTNu.jpg

sVoWt7l.jpg

sGXYwfQ.jpg

Hf4Wc4i.jpg

tmCbI2G.jpg

nut2B7Q.jpg

vJldhIn.jpg

Q39IkaL.jpg

RAA2fcu.jpg

y1gcBpY.jpg

uIcPEhR.jpg

Thanks to everyone who looked in on progress, or commented, or just hit the like button! Your interest was, and still is, much appreciated :thumbsup2:

• Like 25

Hi Clive,

this is a great Karas! The weathering is a bit heavy, but very realistic.

Congrats!!!

JR

• Thanks 1

Looks great! Really screams "work horse" with the weathering you did. I'm building a variant of this model (an IBG Pzl.42) and the thought of masking the canopy is givin me anxiety! You did a great job on yours, did you do the inside too?

• Thanks 1

Thanks @TheyJammedKenny!, @kapam, @Dawsonsauce and @dnl42 for your comments, most kind of you all. 'War weary' is certainly a look I strive to achieve where possible - sometimes I overdo it, I think, but I just prefer my models to look that way.

@Dawsonsauce I know of your exploits with the PZL.42, indeed I am following your thread! To answer your question, yes I did mask the inside as well as the outside, however I used bits of Tamiya masking tape cut to appropriate shapes, whilst the exterior masks were bought as a set. The biggest pain was the ventral gunner's position - the glass there needed mask bits about 1mm square, and stuck to everything except where I actually wanted it to stick! You may count yourself fortunate that the PZL.42 did not possess that particular adornment :D

On 7/18/2021 at 6:24 AM, clive_t said:

Afternoon folks, well it's been a couple of weeks I think since this particular model was completed, so 'better late than never' I guess.

This is the first completed model from my attempt at a PZL-themed 'tri-andem build' which in fact turned out to be nothing more than the sequential build of 3 models all documented in the same thread. At the time of posting the WIP thread (here, for the sufficiently curious) is still active, awaiting me to gather the required courage to take on the last model in the sequence.

I was quite pleased with how it turned out, despite many trials and tribulations with PE, decals etc, and a serious collapse of mojo partway through last year and well into this year. No matter, hopefully that's all behind me now.

So, no doubt by popular demand, I shall cut the blether and just get to posting the pics:

S1NjaC2.jpg

tI46sI2.jpg

1q1uLe7.jpg

Srdz0g7.jpg

C6JylAG.jpg

atS9Fj1.jpg

2QqzTNu.jpg

sVoWt7l.jpg

sGXYwfQ.jpg

Hf4Wc4i.jpg

tmCbI2G.jpg

nut2B7Q.jpg

vJldhIn.jpg

Q39IkaL.jpg

RAA2fcu.jpg

y1gcBpY.jpg

uIcPEhR.jpg

Thanks to everyone who looked in on progress, or commented, or just hit the like button! Your interest was, and still is, much appreciated :thumbsup2:

I'm a big fan of this one, and happy to see these great pictures! Lovely work. 👏

• Thanks 1