Adrian's 1/144 Wibault 282

Adrian Hills

When voting for 'French Fancy' I suggested building a captured and completed by the French Heinkel 274 with associated French experimental jet carried on top. However, it is now summer and I am struggling to complete hovercrafts for the 'Unarmed build'. In a 'Volte face', my subject is now much smaller and simpler being the 1/144 VLE Wibault 282 vac form. I love vacs and this aircraft was painted in a particularly attractive maroon and gold livery.

IMG_4961[8557]

IMG_4962[8558]

imgexec-9342

Should I complete this build in good time then I will do a second aircraft the LEO 213 in 1/144 from VLE which has a similar attractive scheme.

At least this gets kits built that I have had in stock some time and won't use the enormous amount of shelf space required for my initial ultra-long winged four engine 1/72 build.

• Like 7

Adrian's in the GB and so we'll have an interesting subject and so it seems to be the case.  Good luck sir!

• Like 1

As this subject is new to me I am just getting my head around what is required. The colour scheme will have to include something like Humbrol's gold.

IMG_4973[8568]

The decals look nicely printed and will experiment before using

IMG_4974[8569]

Here are the vac wheel spats/wheels on the sheet

IMG_4975[8570]

Fortunately resin parts with white metal wheels (old skool :-)). The picture below also illustrates the sweet little resin engines. There is on the vac sheet bits that can be turned into the cowlings for the wing engines - but I may use something else.

IMG_4972[8567]

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I really, really like vac forms and have been fiddling with this in the last couple of days.

IMG_5548[9489]

Wing parts rubbed down to as thin as I dare. Skin on thumbs getting thin so will leave it a couple of days before doing fuselage. I always remember my first vac form when the water on the wet and dry turned red - you just don't notice

IMG_5550[9491]

Now here for most modellers is what I call a 'WTF' moment. However, a a strip or two of plastic and a bit of Milliput and it will be right as rain. After all, what is plastic modelling really all about !

IMG_5552[9492]

• Like 8