Lufthansa Airbus A310 - 1:144 Revell with 26Decals

Lufthansa Airbus A310

1:144 Revell with AA and 26Decals

a310-1.jpg

The A310 was a  shortened version of the A300 Airbus, using the same fuselage sections, but with a new, smaller wing.  Lufthansa used them from 1983 to 2005, A few are still flying, mainly as cargo haulers.

This is the venerable old Revell kit of the A310, with a replacement resin nose from Braz to correct the kit part. It is a simple bit of work, and makes a huge difference to to the finished model. I also scraped and reduced the over prominent reinforcement bulge at the base of the fin, and blended it in a bit of Milliput to improve the look. Decals are silk screen printed from 26Decals and performed superbly. The cockpit and passenger windows are Authentic Airliners photo realistic decals, 

There is a new kit from Eastern Express, but it is pricey at over £60, so the Revell kit is still worth building if you have one in your stash. But it really does benefit from the Braz nose. Mine was kindly donated by the ever helpful Mr Stringbag, so thanks again Chris!

a310-2.jpg

a310-3.jpg

a310-4.jpg

a310-5.jpg

a310-6.jpg

a310-7.jpg

With something else. Lets call this Frankfurt 1986!

a310-8.jpg

a310-9.jpg

Thanks for looking,

John

• Like 32

Absolutely superb John. Apart from your excellent build anything in Lufthansa blue stripe is right up my street!

Great (?) minds must think alike because I also have a Revell/BraZ A310 inching towards completion although mine will have PW engines. It takes work but it's still a good starting point. 

Dave G

• Like 1

On 17/07/2021 at 18:54, Skodadriver said:

Great (?) minds must think alike because I also have a Revell/BraZ A310 inching towards completion although mine will have PW engines. It takes work but it's still a good starting point. 

Dave G

Hi Dave, Good to know we are following parallel paths with regard to the A310! Which airline/livery are you gong to finish it in?

Cheers

John

7 minutes ago, Viking said:

Hi Dave, Good to know we are following parallel paths with regard to the A310! Which airline/livery are you gong to finish it in?

Cheers

John

Hi john. It will be either Czech Airlines or Tarom. I still have to take the final decision.

• 2 years later...

Hi John,

I seem to have missed this first time round!

Superb! I would've thought it was either the new EE kit or Authentic Airliners, must be the replacement Bra.Z nose. Of course the AA windows add the finishing touch.

I also have a Revell A310 and 26 LH decal in the stash so I might have to join you with one of these soon.

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 1