Alitalia Caravelle VI-N in 1/144

38 minutes ago, Spitfire31 said:

Superb Caravelle!

My very first take-off in a flying machine was in an SAS Caravelle, sometime in the past century…

Kind regards,

Joachim

Thanks Joachim. My last flight in a Super Caravelle was with Finnair Helsinki-Madrid in 1978.

Here are two, unfortunately dusty slides of the embarcation to the plane and a picture of the cockpit (in those days they still allowed interested people to come and see the pilot and the cockpit)

spacer.png

spacer.png

Cheers

Einar

Edited by Einar
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Alex1978 said:

Wonderful Caravelle.

I agree,cheatlines around the nose of an airliner are a pain to achieve.You did a great job on this.

I remember seeing the last flying Caravelle in Europe in 1991-1992 in Zurich.It was the Swiss charter airline Air City who operated the last one.They eventually had to phase her out because the Swiss authoroties did not renew the Caravelles air worthiness certificate.

It was always a nice and somehow unusual sight,seeing her at the gate side by side with the then quite new A320s

Thank you Alex,

It was nice to hear your memories from Kloten. My last flight in a Super Caravelle was with Finnair in 1978. I flew from Helsinki to Madrid. Enclosed there are two dusty slides of that trip. Those days one could still have a peek in the cockpit 🙂

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Again, great photos.  Do you happen to remember if there was a flight engineer on this aircraft, or did those go away after the Caravelle 6/6N/6R?  I regret that I never flew on one, but United disposed of theirs quite early and they ended up with package delivery services in the U.S., or with a Netherlands firm--I can't remember the name off-hand.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Great photos!  Is it just me, or do the JT8D engine intakes look somewhat ogival and elongated in the vertical?

Thank you!

The intakes are really oval and elongated in comparison to the round ones of earlier Caravelle engines.

Cheers,

Einar

12 minutes ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Again, great photos.  Do you happen to remember if there was a flight engineer on this aircraft, or did those go away after the Caravelle 6/6N/6R?  I regret that I never flew on one, but United disposed of theirs quite early and they ended up with package delivery services in the U.S., or with a Netherlands firm--I can't remember the name off-hand.

If my memory serves me right there were only the pilot and the co-pilot on the cockpit.

• Thanks 1