Second build - Canadian F-18D 1/72 Italeri

Hello dear modellers and friends. Some time ago I posted a thread of my very first ever build which was a mirage 2000D 1/72 scale: 

As a complete beginner I already collected a few kits for my future builds. I ordered this one not ever hearing about raised panel lines and poor old quality kits.
Well this F-18 from Italeri sure made me learn quick. I decided to make this my second build as a practice piece. not caring too much about srewing up, which I
did do on a few occasions. Lost some parts, so if you notice something missing. I lost it :P

So I mentioned raised panel lines. This kit had them all over. Since I needed practice with re-scribing. I decided to rescribe this entire model. This was a long and
tiresome process, but I'm glad I did. It really makes it pop alot more. 

Everything out of the box. Not comfortable yet to add custom parts. But bought an ejection seat for my next build (iriaf mig-29) as a starter. 

I modified the engines and tried my hand at riveting (wings).

With the rescribing I tried to add some missing detail here and there. Hope you like it and feedback is ofcourse welcome. 

box.png

IMG-7926.jpg

IMG-7927.jpg

IMG-7928.jpg

I also added the gun holes which were absent. 

IMG-7929.jpg

I painted on the navigation lights instead of using the decals. I thought they were a little too much compared to the images I saw of the real thing which looked more subtle. 

IMG-7931.jpg

IMG-7932.jpg

I modified the engines since they were boring with very little detail. I tried to cut out the engine blades, which was pretty difficult.
After ruining and fixing a couple of times I managed to make something better looking. 

IMG-7936.jpg
IMG-7937.jpg
IMG-7940.jpg

Edited by Ramtin
  • Like 29

For only your 2nd model that is an amazing build! You've done an outstanding job on a fantastic looking aircraft. Your paintwork and weathering look like you've been doing it for years. I look forward to seeing your 3rd! 👍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dragan_mig31 said:

It looks awesome my friend.You are getting better with every new model.

Thanks a lot Doktormig, that means alot coming from the one who inspired me to start with this hobby :)

2 hours ago, binbrook87 said:

For only your 2nd model that is an amazing build! You've done an outstanding job on a fantastic looking aircraft. Your paintwork and weathering look like you've been doing it for years. I look forward to seeing your 3rd! 👍

Wow, that is very kind of you. I will do my best once again 👍