Airfield Support

Paul821

I am rather late joining this particular GB having been detained in the Anything But Injection GB. Although I am holding off building some of my airfield support vehicles should my proposed GB

get enough support and get through the bun-fight, this box

DSC05006

should provide one of more suitable vehicles for this GB.

• Like 2

The box contained a number of kits. there was an opened  Airfix Raf Emergency Set with a few bits missing but also an unopened one. Although often seen here is the sprue shot

DSC05007

The plan is to build both this complete one but scratch build the missing parts for the other one as I do them as a parallel build. I am modelling a USAAF base but elsewhere on BM it was pointed out that the USAAF used british vehicles and a quick internet search came up with this link.

https://hmvf.co.uk/topic/17541-ww2-raf-ambulance-markings/page/2/

which contains a photo's of a B-17 with vehicles that look like they might have come straight from the Airfix set.

• Like 2

Stage 1 of the instructions followed

DSC05008

however three of the springs were missing from the opened kit and replacements cut from plasticard. AS they will be hidden on the final model I was not too worried about the fine detail.

DSC05009

Stage two also complete (with a bit of stage 3 on one)

DSC05010

I tend to leave the wheels off vehicles until the underside of the model has been painted.

• Like 3