1/32 - Bell UH-1D Huey by ICM in 2023 ? Rumour

Homebee

The box art from the future (release date: 12.08.2021) - ref. 32114 - US Helicopter Pilots (Vietnam War) quite surprisingly doesn't display a Cobra helicopter but a Huey...

Though the question: is a 1/32nd Bell UH-1D Huey helicopter kit in the ICM pipe line for 2022? 

To be followed

Source: https://icm.com.ua/figure/us-helicopter-pilots-vietnam-war/

32114-en.jpg

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Looks quite hopeful to me that a 1/32 UH-1 might indeed be on the way. Why would ICM mould a figure in a perfect pose to sit in a UH-1doorway when there's no kit of it in that scale? (Though I'm open to correction on that as I'm not really a helicopter expert; however, I think any larger-scale UH-1 kits out there at the moment are in 1/35?)

• Like 5

A bit surprised by the pilots they selected.    One guy has the single piece flight suit which I don't think came out until post-Vietnam.  The other guy has the two piece nomex flight suit which was long gone by the 80's.   Bottom line is that for a US Army Huey, no matter what era it's from, only one crew figure will be usable. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Homebee said:

The box art from the future (release date: 12.08.2021) - ref. 32114 - US Helicopter Pilots (Vietnam War) quite surprisingly doesn't display a Cobra helicopter but a Huey...

Though the question: is a 1/32nd Bell UH-1D Huey helicopter kit in the ICM pipe line for 2022? 

To be followed

Source: https://icm.com.ua/figure/us-helicopter-pilots-vietnam-war/

32114-en.jpg

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

The ICM 1/48 figures set shows them around an F-4E Phantom which ICM don't have in their range. By your logic does this mean that ICM are going to produce a 1/48 F-4E Phantom?  This topic is speculation not a rumour.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 11bravo said:

A bit surprised by the pilots they selected.    One guy has the single piece flight suit which I don't think came out until post-Vietnam.  The other guy has the two piece nomex flight suit which was long gone by the 80's.   Bottom line is that for a US Army Huey, no matter what era it's from, only one crew figure will be usable. 

Interesting details that I would never have been aware of, like pretty much all aircraft modellers I know I've no interest in uniforms at all and know very little about them; in my experience that subject tends to be more an 'armour modeller thing'. I could probably tell a WWII era RAF pilot from a Luftwaffe one, but not much else. However, to be honest, I'd probably just use the ICM figures 'as provided'.....they'd look OK to me!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stephen said:

This topic is speculation not a rumour.

From the Rumourmonger 'header': Post your thoughts, requests for confirmation, or wisp of speculation here...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/16/2021 at 11:51 PM, hopkp said:

Looks quite hopeful to me that a 1/32 UH-1 might indeed be on the way. Why would ICM mould a figure in a perfect pose to sit in a UH-1doorway when there's no kit of it in that scale? (Though I'm open to correction on that as I'm not really a helicopter expert; however, I think any larger-scale UH-1 kits out there at the moment are in 1/35?)

Revell made UH-1D in 1/32 in 1967 and this kit was reboxed many times. Last "combat rebox" was released in 2015, civilian one is planned this year.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

On 7/17/2021 at 1:11 PM, hopkp said:

Interesting details that I would never have been aware of, like pretty much all aircraft modellers I know I've no interest in uniforms at all and know very little about them; in my experience that subject tends to be more an 'armour modeller thing'. I could probably tell a WWII era RAF pilot from a Luftwaffe one, but not much else. However, to be honest, I'd probably just use the ICM figures 'as provided'.....they'd look OK to me!

And some pilots love to keep their old lucky uniforms for years

• Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - Bell UH-1D Huey by ICM in 2023 ? Rumour