***finished***Stu's Mossie PRXVI

For reasons think going to have to drastically cut my GB entries, but given the large timeframe sure I can squeeze a little one in, so commit here and do when I can. Got myself a AZ joypack few months ago to do as it happens a French Spitfire for the MTO GB, seems perfect given I have the decals for both his Spits why not use another from the box on one of Clostermanns Spits. Not decided which yet. 

50908721758_6d691b674b_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 6

Stu, what markings are you going to use, I'm a bit concerned that just because its a Spitfire Clostermann flew, it's not French enough, does it have any markings which give some indication of its Frenchness (e.g. a Cross of Lorraine insignia).

3 hours ago, Wez said:

Stu, what markings are you going to use, I'm a bit concerned that just because its a Spitfire Clostermann flew, it's not French enough, does it have any markings which give some indication of its Frenchness (e.g. a Cross of Lorraine insignia).

Both the options have the cross of Lorraine, though if still not enough can always switch to a mirage. 

17 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Both the options have the cross of Lorraine, though if still not enough can always switch to a mirage. 

Happy with the Cross of Lorraine markings, I'm guessing that will be when he was 341 "Alsace" Sqn, RAF?

22 hours ago, Wez said:

Happy with the Cross of Lorraine markings, I'm guessing that will be when he was 341 "Alsace" Sqn, RAF?

First option is indeed that, second is when he was with 602sqn.  Think given everyones seems to do the later, and the former is an actual free French squadron I shall do that one. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
38 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Right come on Stu, what's happening with this Spitfire of yours ?

Cheers Pat

Erm I'd forgotten about it.....and probably not going to see it now given I've got other spits projects in mind.....though I'm sure I can find a mirage replacement on ebay.......

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Blooming Nora

I should have reminded you earlier  !

Easier to build this one than buy something else surely  ?

Cheers Pat 

Quite, and having dug my joy pack out and spit spares box out for one of my other spit projects (and taking another off the agenda) and found I’m short the parts I instead made a start on this 

51431280618_7847993439_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/12/2021 at 4:16 AM, PhantomBigStu said:

Looking unlikely this will make it, out of action due to injury and probably won’t get back in the game in time to finish this….

As it’s turns out injury was the least of my problems. Still fine now, I’m thinking of making this my fourth unusual spitfire KUTA build and doing a pink pru spit……If I can source the decals edit: I’ve sourced them 

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

I'm looking forward to seeing this one.Here's a couple of build threads that might be of use;

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235070467-dicing-mkix/

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235073586-icm-spitfire-ix-in-148th-scalefinished/

Edited by Alex Gordon

On 1/21/2022 at 9:42 PM, Alex Gordon said:

An audience, no choice but to proceed, plus I've already mixed some pink up, think I added a touch too much red but it will do, I shall check out those threads cheers 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This went wrong, was warping on the tail that became clear when sanding the top and ultimately went in the bin. Load more work and my final joy pack has caught up without an issue with the tail, also just got another copy on the way with the appropriate decals. resized_9fa89642-8bfe-435e-8711-a4db965b

• Like 1

Using up another of my dead threads made a start on something over the weekend.  Was saving this to do a PRXVI, but its requires another kit and some bashing so decided to just go for the easy out of the box option as a bomber.  Painted the bomb bay as I hope I can make the part removable, dissaopointed Airfix didn't include a 4000lb cookie as one of the options was a unit hat I think primarily used them 

A8-AEA42-B-E350-450-C-A31-E-F8-D4-B7248-70708-E5-F-3-CE7-4-F07-85-B9-56089-CD80-4-A232-BBE-8981-4-AB8-B668-1-ADDE90648821-C55-B3-C5-1515-40-F9-80-EF-4-E779-A52-25-EF51-BE-174-E-4421-95-A9-EDE2-F3-EB05

• Like 1