Eduard 1/72 Spitfire Mk. VIII

Fresh off the bench is the Eduard 1/72 Spitfire Mk.VIII.

This was one of Eduard's ProfiPACK kits, which includes a PE set and canopy mask. Kit was built OOB except for a few bits of PE gobbled up by the carpet monster.

There were a few niggles during the build, but nothing a bit of putty and patience doesn't fix. I can definitely see why this kit is so highly praised - the end result definitely looks the part.

Some off the decals were slightly offset, leaving an unsightly white edge around a section of each roundel. This was carefully touched up by hand with some dark blue.

I hadn't been entirely pleased with the results of my previous builds, so I really tried to slow down and focus on each step as I went along. Rushing the weathering stage is the usual culprit, but here I've tried to add some chipping and oil rendering to give it a more weathered appearance.

Overall I'm quite pleased with the result, and I hope the photo's give it justice.

Critique and feedback welcome as always.

y4maf2u7PpPQASBFLFXMraNjs0nDkLNqqYNrKbGE

y4mYFYkr9bUY9bz6Aiyi2HSLEVgTBeKAUSuV5XHj

y4mQmOIs5pid5y3WrCcfi_tqnTlHo-PoA5QUaXh_

y4mjRThXcM4--JOExo7kZ1EZKigXq7KYlkvheitI

y4msiQwW2-iYGD_XKj4dGyD_AvfwqWbzZbUUyMkZ

y4mxIKXnmkkORnzJTUwxiMTBuYqRzlFOsmBC9CNx

y4mBUV10dUMdjiqiyB2SifNzGsZlTM99HfoJZJ1t

• Like 44
  • Thanks 1

Wow!! That's really outstanding. Superbly finished.

I have a few of these in my stash and I can only hope they come anywhere near yours... whenever I get round to them! (too many kits too little time).

Miguel