AMT '67 Mustang Fastback-Completed 05/16

mustang1989

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2021 at 9:02 AM, 81-er said:

Very smart

James

On 10/15/2021 at 2:18 PM, Kitkent said:

I must say your interior looks both very neat and smart, Chris.

On 10/16/2021 at 12:31 AM, CliffB said:

A nice touch with the shifter ball! :coolio:

Cheers

On 10/17/2021 at 5:15 PM, TimJ said:

Great looking interior. 

Thank you guys for the comments. Haven't been around a whole lot lately and I know I missed the deadline and all but I'm going to see this build through to the end. Had a personal setback that's been taking alot of my attention as of late. Short version, our sons truck got hit right in front of our house by a hit and run driver a couple of weeks ago, found the car by running part numbers off of one of the many car parts that were left behind and now have an insurance claim against the hit and run drivers insurance. Currently reaching a settlement which hopefully will fix his truck. Mixed in with this is my own engine project for my truck that has been ongoing since the first of the year. Will be replacing my 383 Stroker engine with a Small Block Chevy 400 punched out to a 406. Will be going from 404hp to some where around the 500hp mark. Won't be the fastest thing around but it damn sure won't be the slowest either. lol 

In the meantime my build progress and forum time has been cut in half as a result of all of this stuff going on. Will be getting back in here and updating soon though fellas.

• Like 3

It's a shame the build didn't make the gallery, but real life can get in the way sometimes.

Keep us posted on progress though, it would be good to see the whole deal in all its glory at some point.

Tony.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TonyW said:

It's a shame the build didn't make the gallery, but real life can get in the way sometimes.

Keep us posted on progress though, it would be good to see the whole deal in all its glory at some point.

Tony.

Thanks Tony. I was hoping it would make it too but I really had a good time building with everybody in the build. I'll be starting back up on it again soon and I'll keep steady on it after that and bring home a build that I've been loooong awaiting to build and one that I'll be happy with.

• Like 3

A shame you didn't get it finished, but real life must come first. This is a hobby after all, something to occupy us when we get the time. And a much better way to spend that time than watching most of the drivel on daytime TV.

Good luck with the rest of the build, based on your previous builds I'm sure it will be to a high standard.

• Thanks 1

On 11/1/2021 at 7:26 AM, 81-er said:

Glad to hear you'll finish it off still, I'm looking forward to those finished pictures

James

'Preciate that James. I'll be getting to it fairly soon. Got a side gig that I've gotta finish first and then I'll jump right on it. Somewhere in the mix is a motor swap in my 1:1 scale truck. Coming out will be a  Small Block 383 Stroker motor and going in will be a 406 Small Block. That right there is a project I've been putting together for a looooooooooooooooooong time. 

On 11/1/2021 at 3:41 PM, Spiny said:

A shame you didn't get it finished, but real life must come first. This is a hobby after all, something to occupy us when we get the time. And a much better way to spend that time than watching most of the drivel on daytime TV.

Good luck with the rest of the build, based on your previous builds I'm sure it will be to a high standard.

Thanks for your comments as well Spiny. I can't stand watching TV (outside of football) . I'll usually just turn the radio on and do what I do whether it be modeling or working on my truck. 

10 hours ago, mustang1989 said:

'Preciate that James. I'll be getting to it fairly soon. Got a side gig that I've gotta finish first and then I'll jump right on it. Somewhere in the mix is a motor swap in my 1:1 scale truck. Coming out will be a  Small Block 383 Stroker motor and going in will be a 406 Small Block. That right there is a project I've been putting together for a looooooooooooooooooong time. 

That sounds like quite a project on the truck, good luck! It'll be fun once it's done

4 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

I assume your Small Block is a Chevy sb? This is something I didn't believe would ever happen:

"ZZ632 Crate Engine | Chevy Performance Parts" https://www.chevrolet.com/performance-parts/crate-engines/big-block/zz-632

A 1000 hp bolt-on crate engine. Crazy...

Ooooh! One hell of a price tag, but that's still not bad for the amount of power

James

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, vppelt68 said:

How about dropping one in a brand new Camaro Rolling Chassis? https://www.chevrolet.com/performance-parts/rolling-chassis 

Now THAT is frickin' crazy right there......but smart. GM has a TON of rolling chassis units right now just sitting there in outside storage waiting on computers/ modules so why not make money on these?? Gets some of the units moving and off of those storage lots. 

• 3 weeks later...

Ok gang. FINALLY getting to a point to where I can hit the bench and get back onto the forums.  

Been working on the wheels while I'm waiting on my rear seat belts to arrive in the mail. Good LORD these wheels and wheel backings are thick. With the front and backs of the wheels installed on the tires it turns out that they are a mile too wide. Frickin' ridiculous!!! Here's the first wheel of the bunch and this is with the wheel backing sanded down.

The wheel/ tire on the left has been given the proper treatment of the wheel face and wheel backing sanded down while the one on the right only has the wheel back sanded down and it shows .......

spacer.png

The difference in rim thickness. Sanded on the left....

spacer.png

It benefits the realism aspect on the wheel face too. With a black backing it'll show up better.

Before::

spacer.png

and after:

spacer.png

Every now and then people in business will take the time to listen to a consumer and make necessary changes. I spoke with Eric Oberhofer at Round 2 at the beginning of September in regards to the AMT 67 Mustang Fastback issues. One of the issues involved the tires that came in the kit which were Firestone Super Sports tires instead of the Firestone Wide O Oval tires that were on the box top. He had mentioned that he was going to bring this issue up in the next board meeting. Meanwhile I had received a set of Wide O Oval decals from a friend of mine on the forums. After removing the Super Sports logos from the sides of the tires and had applied those, however, they looked too big and I was left scratching my head at what I was going to do next. I decided to go down to Hobby Lobby and purchase another Mustang GT kit and use the Super Sports tires...........BUT............when I opened the box of the newly purchased kit I found..........a set of Wide O Oval tires now in the box!!!!!! A BIG shout out goes to Eric and the Round 2 team involved in making this change.

To recap.....before the change these tires are what came in the box....

spacer.png

and this is now what comes in the box. Here mounted on my newly painted & detailed wheels. This may not seem like a big deal to some but these tires look so much better than the others with just a lettering font size and different name on the tires to me.

spacer.png

• Like 2

Thanks for the "likes" fellas. Looks like I'm finally on the road to finishing this thing. A bit late indeed but she'll be in the display case soon. 

Alright gang. Got the interior tub completed. Holes were drilled in the tops of the door panels at the rear of the doors where the door lock knobs while be installed later on near the end of the build.

spacer.png

• Like 1

• mustang1989 changed the title to AMT '67 Mustang Fastback-Interior Complete-12/7

I know that one. Finally found some time to continue tackling my stalled Hellcat from the GB with aim of finishing it before the end of the year. I'm going to try to get my Mustang finished off by then as well.

James

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/8/2021 at 3:27 AM, 81-er said:

I know that one. Finally found some time to continue tackling my stalled Hellcat from the GB with aim of finishing it before the end of the year. I'm going to try to get my Mustang finished off by then as well.

James

Looks like I'm FINALLY starting to make it back to this. As you can see I missed the deadline by a  long shot. I simply cannot believe that I've now been on this build for 6 frickin' MONTHS.  Time to get this puppy moving forward towards the finish line.

Moving on to the wheels.....
Every now and then people in business will take the time to listen to a consumer and make necessary changes. I spoke with Eric Oberhofer at Round 2 at the beginning of September in regards to the AMT 67 Mustang Fastback issues. One of the issues involved the tires that came in the kit which were Firestone Super Sports tires instead of the Firestone Wide O Oval tires that were on the box top. He had mentioned that he was going to bring this issue up in the next board meeting. Meanwhile I had received a set of Wide O Oval decals from a friend of mine on the forums. After removing the Super Sports logos from the sides of the tires and had applied those, however, they looked too big and I was left scratching my head at what I was going to do next. I decided to go down to Hobby Lobby and purchase another kit and use the Super Sports tires...........BUT............when I opened the box of the newly purchased kit I found..........a set of Wide O Oval tires now in the box!!!!!! A BIG shout out goes to Eric and the Round 2 team involved in making this change.

Before the change this is what came in the box....

spacer.png

and this is now what comes in the box. Here mounted on my newly painted & detailed wheels. This may not seem like a big deal to some but these tires look so much better than the others with just a lettering font size and different name on the tires to me.

spacer.png

Edited by mustang1989

• mustang1989 changed the title to AMT '67 Mustang Fastback-Moving Forward-01/03
  • 3 months later...

Folks it's been nearly 5 months since I've been in here doing anything but I've been through alot since then. Right after Christmas my mother contracted Covid19 and developed pneumonia in both lungs. Well.....being a diabetic and severely overweight and not to mention having heart problems most of her life , she passed away on January 23rd at age 72. 

Since then things have been somewhat "meh" towards model building or socializing. In the last few weeks I have picked up where I left off with this build and am almost finished with it. Mom was following my build process and always loved what I did with these miniatures of mine so I'll be dedicating this build to her. I'll start posting again on this very soon. 

Thank you guys for being patient with me and am looking forward to getting back in here and doing what we do best.

• Sad 2

I'm very sad to read of you losing your mother. A sad fact is that while we keep only growing up, our beloved parents get older. I hope dedicating this build for her is one of those things that'll help you! V-P

• Like 2

20 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

I'm very sad to read of you losing your mother. A sad fact is that while we keep only growing up, our beloved parents get older. I hope dedicating this build for her is one of those things that'll help you! V-P

Thanks potna. I really appreciate that . I'll get some updates in here soon. I wonder if I should continue on here or out in the open on the forum.