Messerschmitt Bf 109 G-4/R6 AZmodel 1/72

Hi folks!

Here'e my Bf 109 G-4 / R6 from AZmodel.

It represents a Bf 109 of 13.JG52 (Slow)in 1943, Kuban in Russia.

The kit is almost OOB, seat belts are from Eduard PE painted set, instrument panel is from Yahu Models.

Gunze Sangyo aqueous acrilycs RLM 76, 75, 74 were used for main camouflage; the polka dots on engine cowling were hand brushed using Humbrol 154 yellow.

I believe that those dots were yellow and not RLM 76 or dirty white. Looking at the pictures of the real aircraft you can see, through the yellow dots, the original camouflage and the demarcation between 74/75 upper colors  and the bottom 76 colors. Dots are, in my opinion, of a different color respect the RLM 76 showing through.

Hope you'll like it.

Cheers!

Bf-109-G-4-AZmodels-10.jpg

Bf-109-G-4-AZmodels-9.jpg

Bf-109-G-4-AZmodels-7.jpg

Bf-109-G-4-AZmodels-8.jpg

Bf-109-G-4-AZmodels-1.jpg

Bf-109-G-4-AZmodels-2.jpg

Bf-109-G-4-AZmodels-3.jpg

Bf-109-G-4-AZmodels-5.jpg

Bf-109-G-4-AZmodels-6.jpg

Bf-109-G-4-AZmodels-4.jpg

• Like 42
  • Thanks 1

Fantastic job, really good looking 109!

@mustang1989 my understanding, from conversation some time ago with another modeller knowledgeable in 109s, is that the dots are camouflage for parked aircraft, meant to immitate the large bright flowers that grew around the airfield.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Vlad said:

Fantastic job, really good looking 109!

@mustang1989 my understanding, from conversation some time ago with another modeller knowledgeable in 109s, is that the dots are camouflage for parked aircraft, meant to immitate the large bright flowers that grew around the airfield.

Now that....................makes sense. Thanks for the insight Vlad! 

• Thanks 1

Slovaks are known around the world for their flower crops, especially in airports...

I've build some years ago a BF 109 E-7 from Slovakia and it too had dots on engine cowling. Perhaps a sign of recognition?