New Sukhoi fighter aircraft to be revealed at MAKS 2021

Robert

6 hours ago, GiampieroSilvestri said:

It is very interesting to observe how western "experts" are trying to talk bad Russian aircraft. And people say that the cold war is over. The Russian aircraft industry has nothing to envy to the west. Reading interviews it is more the other way round.

Excuse me, but Russian sources have been the driving force behind most of the negative publicity on the F-35 since 2008. It was a serious, if desperate, attempt to delay or preferably, cancel or limit the program until they were in any kind of position to close the gap. 

Now they are somewhat in the ballpark for producing a genuine 5th gen fighter, we can be thankful that the development of the F-35 continued, particularly through the very difficult period of sustained negative propaganda from 2014-2020. 

Nobody sensible ever said the cold war was over. Only one side wanted to believe that, and the fact so much damage has been done politically and economically thanks to the very one-sided hybrid war waged on the West through sophisticated disinformation strategy, we're lucky that some of the targeted critical defence programs and new technologies did not fall victim to it. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, GiampieroSilvestri said:

Weakness of the Sukhoi Su-27 against western aircraft?It is very interesting to observe how western "experts" are trying to talk bad Russian aircraft.And people say that the cold war is over.The Russian aircraft industry has nothing to envy to the west.Reading interviews it is more the other way round.

Saluti

Giampiero+Christian

Poor choice of words from me, I should have said shortcomings/limitations. The expert actually said the flanker compared very favourably to western aircraft in the same interview.