New Sukhoi fighter aircraft to be revealed at MAKS 2021

Robert

1 hour ago, tomthounaojam said:

sedrtyui.jpg

Especially the 747 is hilarious :D

Apart From that, do I see right with the elevators facing towards the engine/ are located inwards of the vertical stabs? That is rather new ! At least to me!

19 hours ago, magman2 said:

Russian Curiosity 

spacer.png

Net Photo 

That camouflage makes it look a bit like the Hasegawa iDOLM@STER range. I wonder if they will be the first to produce a kit of it.

• Like 2

On 16/07/2021 at 13:46, Mike said:

Air combat is going to be very tricky with all the combatants looking the same these days.  That could be an F-35 under that tarp :hmmm:

It will no doubt be called the F-35ski by someone.

• Like 1

To resume the information:

Delta wing with thrust control system. Thrust control system with suport of control surfaces next to the nozzle.

Delta wing reduces cross section!

Good combination by idea.

Maybe it works out!

Happy modelling 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dov said:

To resume the information:

Delta wing with thrust control system. Thrust control system with support of control surfaces next to the nozzle.

Delta wing reduces cross section!

Good combination by idea.

Maybe it works out!

Happy modelling 

kind of innovative, no? and saw tooth nozzle as well.... all there what you need! :thumbsup:

on a lighter note, the cockpit also has the big screen...  so must be at least equal to the F-35 ;) 

2 hours ago, Abandoned Project said:

I'm hoping Zvezda for the kit, most likely in 1/72 scale. ;)

Zvezda would make a good job of producing a kit of the Checkmate, but it will change before it finally enters Service with any Air Force.

The Checkmate will not receive SU-?designation until it enters Russian service. NATO might  designate it Fantasia.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, magman2 said:

The Checkmate will not receive SU-?designation until it enters Russian service.

Not necessarily . there are quite a few instances of Russian aircraft receiving AF designations that never enter service - (and some also received NATO/ASCC names)

From the top of my head (a barren place these days)....

Tu-98 Backfin.

Beriev A-40/Be-42 Mermaid

Tu-91 Boot,

Su-47 Firkin etc etc.

NATO might  designate it Fantasia.

That doesn't comply with the NATO/ASCC/ASIG rule of two syllables for jet-powered aircraft.....

Nitpick mode off.....

Ken

not really convinced... the relatively narrow top part of the air intake should give much resistance to the airflow (bundary layer). But we'll see...

Alex

5 hours ago, magman2 said:

NATO might  designate it Fantasia

3 hours ago, Flankerman said:

That doesn't comply with the NATO/ASCC/ASIG rule of two syllables for jet-powered aircraft.....

Would 'Fiction' work? ;)

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, magman2 said:

Russian curiosity Checkmate Intake 
spacer.png

Net Photo 

Angel Interceptor confirmed!

Does this mean the VVS (or whatever they call themselves nowadays) will be bringing back female pilots?? :D

Interestingly enough, the majority of the stealth shaping appears to be on the lower and frontal aspects, combined with that fairly sizeable wing I wonder if it is intended to operate at very high altitudes? A bit like the F-22 does?

On 7/22/2021 at 9:52 AM, magman2 said:

If photos exist of it flying, I’m Sure You will be the First to post them here ??

Well, I am not the one claiming it isn't just a mockup but a functional prototype. 😎

Cheers,

Andre

Listened to an interview yesterday re the state of the russian air force and that the Su-57 fixes the weakness of the flanker in comparison with Western 4.5 gen aircraft. I assume this is doing the same for the mig-29 as stop gaps whilst they try and get a 6th gen fighter before the US like we are doing with the Tempest II 

Edited by PhantomBigStu

Weakness of the Sukhoi Su-27 against western aircraft?It is very interesting to observe how western "experts" are trying to talk bad Russian aircraft.And people say that the cold war is over.The Russian aircraft industry has nothing to envy to the west.Reading interviews it is more the other way round.

Saluti

Giampiero+Christian

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, GiampieroSilvestri said:

It is very interesting to observe how western "experts" are trying to talk bad Russian aircraft. And people say that the cold war is over. The Russian aircraft industry has nothing to envy to the west. Reading interviews it is more the other way round.

Excuse me, but Russian sources have been the driving force behind most of the negative publicity on the F-35 since 2008. It was a serious, if desperate, attempt to delay or preferably, cancel or limit the program until they were in any kind of position to close the gap. 

Now they are somewhat in the ballpark for producing a genuine 5th gen fighter, we can be thankful that the development of the F-35 continued, particularly through the very difficult period of sustained negative propaganda from 2014-2020. 

Nobody sensible ever said the cold war was over. Only one side wanted to believe that, and the fact so much damage has been done politically and economically thanks to the very one-sided hybrid war waged on the West through sophisticated disinformation strategy, we're lucky that some of the targeted critical defence programs and new technologies did not fall victim to it. 

• Like 4