New Sukhoi fighter aircraft to be revealed at MAKS 2021

Robert

Hmm. No horizontal stabs? That is making the story more interesting! :)

the vertical tail does not seem to give enough pitch authority... so I assume a thrust vectorIng nozzle?

Less flying surface, less stealth issues from them :thumbsup:

21 hours ago, Mr T said:

Looks a bit like a cross between the F35 and the YF32. I wonder if they are looking for something a bit cheaper than the Su57

Also "exportable"... At a price-point that a country would be able to afford.

This F35ski would need to be substantially cheaper than the Su57 for even the Russian air force to afford.

On 7/16/2021 at 3:41 PM, JohnT said:

.Now I realise that the major possible combatants have a protocol that as their aircraft are so ugly they will engage out of sight of the other 

Airplanes are becoming more like helicopters, which do not really “fly” in the conventional sense, but in reality are so ugly and weird that the Earth repels them.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Nigel Bunker said:

I suspect it is largely wood and plywood under that tarpaulin - just an old cynics view.

I was wondering if I was the only one who finds the views posted by the Aviationist website in @exdraken's link less than convincing, in the same way as the Iranian stealth fighter was. :unsure:

Steve.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

I was wondering if I was the only one who finds the views posted by the Aviationist website in @exdraken's link less than convincing, in the same way as the Iranian stealth fighter was. :unsure:

Steve.

I would not compare it with the Iranian one... but of course hard to tell how much they wanna show, and what reality is...

at least it has the Su-57 canopy mechanism, nose shape and paint-scheme-

the rear reminds me on the Yak-141 Freestyle (or the Yak-43 concept (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakovlev_Yak-43))... (are we going to see a vertical lift version as well?)

So either a good decoy, or the current status... not sure if Russia needs/ wants investors...

maybe Turkey urgently needs something to counter the Greek F-35s....

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, exdraken said:

I would not compare it with the Iranian one... but of course hard to tell how much they wanna show, and what reality is...

at least it has the Su-57 canopy mechanism, nose shape and paint-scheme-

the rear reminds me on the Yak-141 Freestyle (or the Yak-43 concept (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakovlev_Yak-43))... (are we going to see a vertical lift version as well?)

So either a good decoy, or the current status... not sure if Russia needs/ wants investors...

maybe Turkey urgently needs something to counter the Greek F-35s....

Which greek F-35?They have just bought used Rafale from the french.

Saluti

Giampiero

Stealth aircraft look all one like the other because they have to be invisible,not because Russia has copied the YF-23 or the F-35.As stated on the first page Russia does not need to copy anything from anyone.

Saluti

Giampiero

Edited by GiampieroSilvestri
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Robert changed the title to New Sukhoi fighter aircraft to be revealed at MAKS 2021

This is a great thing. When we have more details, we will see what it is.

The real interesting feature is the RAM surface. Sonce it is prone to extrem climate situations. That means for the northern airfields a real challange! This is what I am interested in!

Happy modelling 

• Like 1