Zvezda Mi-26 Indian Air Force 1/72

Greetings Everyone, 

This was built for 15 August GB, which is Independence day of India, I thought it will take time to built as the helicopter is MASSIVE, however, I was so into and really like the kit I managed to built it in a very short time. I truly enjoyed building it. My apprehension was painting the Tipnis's grey with my local paints however with bit of trials and error I seem to get very closed to it, I think. Decals is home brew, have to run few places as the home printer is conked.

So here it is, Thank you for watching. Cheers.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

best sad poems that make you cry

• Like 44
  • Thanks 1

That's a great build, Tom @tomthounaojam and I reckon you've got the paint scheme spot on ! The minimalist weathering sets it off nicely, not too much, just enough.

It's certainly a big beast. I've got the Zvezda kit in my stash and keep putting off the build through lack of space.

Did you experience any problems with building the kit,, pray tell.?

Rog

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, roginoz said:

That's a great build, Tom @tomthounaojam and I reckon you've got the paint scheme spot on ! The minimalist weathering sets it off nicely, not too much, just enough.

It's certainly a big beast. I've got the Zvezda kit in my stash and keep putting off the build through lack of space.

Did you experience any problems with building the kit,, pray tell.?

Rog

Greetings Mate @roginoz Firstly really appreciate the kind words, I realized the grey painting other than one that is factory painted by LM and Boeing products in IAF service. It is 10% light blue 20% black and 70% white, the grey I feel is just about right, however can modulate here and there for what you are looking for. Yeah, I built with less weathering as I wanted to keep it clean and I heard it is sent to Russia for upgrade so I am expecting new paint job. Same here mate, I didn't build this kit for 5 years as I didn't had space but here in my hometown have some space so finally managed to built it. One observation please check the ramp are straight or bend, mine was tad bend as it was on the shelf for long time and it was bit hard correcting it otherwise it is all smooth go. Look daunting at the instruction sheet at first but once you starts with some beers all goes well mate. Hope this helps. Cheers

Edited by tomthounaojam
  • Like 3

That is great! Paint looks good and so do the decals.

11 hours ago, roginoz said:

. I've got the Zvezda kit in my stash and keep putting off the build through lack of space.

Me too and I haven't built mine for the same reason.

Really must stop procrastinating.

9 hours ago, Pete in a shed said:

Do the blades come pre drooped or did  you have to give them a helping hand in pointing earthwards

They come pre-drooped.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, MartinSK said:

Great job, very nice MI-26 👍

Thanks Mate, thank you

19 hours ago, Pete in a shed said:

Thats turned out very well indeed Tom, impressive home made decals.:like: Do the blades come pre drooped or did  you have to give them a helping hand in pointing earthwards?

Pete

Thanks Pete, It is pre drooped i bend it little more to show some weight of the rotor. 

15 hours ago, GiampieroSilvestri said:

Beautiful Mil-26!

Saluti

Giampiero

Thanks Mate, really appreciate the kind words

9 hours ago, Abandoned Project said:

That is great! Paint looks good and so do the decals.

Me too and I haven't built mine for the same reason.

Really must stop procrastinating.

They come pre-drooped.

Thank you, Pandemic has opened the door to way frugal innovations some works some mehh.

Looking forward to your build soon, that Mammoth need to come out of the den.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, mustang1989 said:

Nicely done on this. That IS a massive helicopter. WOW!! 

Indeed it is massive, Much appreciated for the kind word cheers

22 hours ago, kapam said:

A delightful build!

I reckon you nailed it for detail and finish.

:clap2::clap2:

Thanks Kapam, tried my best and glad to know you like it. Cheers

19 hours ago, James G said:

Nice job. The Halo is indeed massive, I've no idea where I'll put mine when eventually built!

Well the rooftop works hehe just kidding, it is indeed a massive beast and you will truly love it once you built it. Cheers

17 hours ago, stevehnz said:

That is a super job on what must a be a rather large & truly impressive model.. 👍

Steve.

Thank you Steve, really appreciate all the kind words all these years and it has been source of encouragements, Cheers 

16 hours ago, Ryan Hothersall said:

Nice build. 

Thank mate

13 hours ago, bianfuxia said:

This is super cool! well done!

Thank you, cheers

11 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

That is very nice, Tom! What a great model that kit builds up to be!!! And Indian too! :)

Martin

Thanks Martin