Trumpeter - 1er Régiment de Chevau-Légers Lanciers Polonais, Garde Impérial 1807-1814

And now for something colourful (I hope) ...

Following discussion with Wez (see the chat section), I plan to build a Polish Lancer of the Imperial Guard.

In 1807, in honour of the Polish nation, Napoleon decided to incorporate into his guard a regiment of Polish Cavalry, under the title of Light Horse.

After the battle of Wagram in 1809, the regiment was armed the lance, and took the name Light Horse Lancers of the Guard, generally known as the "Polish Lancers".

The sprue shots:

Packaging

ff_lance_000.jpg

Which contained a printed guide and a zip lock bag

ff_lance_001.jpg

The zip lock bag contained some parts ...

ff_lance_002.jpg

ff_lance_003.jpg

Before 1810, the trumpeters wore a crimson kurta (jacket) with white facings and a crimson czapska (hat), after that date the colours swapped to white with crimson facings.

I'll refine the dates of this build when I decide which colour scheme to use.

• Like 10

Brilliant!

Historex figures are splendid, even if their horses are rather thin and not quite the sturdy animals used by most cavalry regiments.

The figures are also somewhat stiff in their pose, but this having been said, they make for beautifully detailed soldiers.

And what's not to like with Napoleonian uniforms?

Have a lot of fun!

JR

• Like 1

Thanks JR, Wez

If needed, the horses can be filled out by packing some plasticard (up to 20 thou) between the halves - that makes the legs look spindly, so they need building up ... though for light cavalry, I'd leave the horse as supplied.
And yes, I'm with you on the stiff poses and the splendour of Napoleonic uniforms.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 07/08/2021 at 10:58, JOCKNEY said:

Just looking at all those lovely tiny parts, the carper monster will be salivating  !

Good luck with this one.

Cheers Pat 

Thanks Pat
I'll keep an eye open for the beast beneath my feet ...

After a bit of a delay, I hope to back to modelling.
One reason for holding off on this one was that the horse didn't inspire me.  Nothing wrong with his (her?) pose, just it was a parade pose, and a bit dull.

ff_lance_004a.jpg

So I ordered another two horses, to see if I could drum up some interest ...

ff_lance_004.jpg

For what it is worth, Historex horse halves and heads can be ordered individually.

One of the new right halves was kept as made, the left halves were split into front and hind quarters.

ff_lance_005.jpg

And an appropriate re-mixing ...
ff_lance_006.jpg

Gives us this - tacked together with Tamiya Ultra Thin
ff_lance_007.jpg

ff_lance_008.jpg

A tad more drama?

• Like 7

• 5 weeks later...

Hello Pat
As I said in the artillery post, I've been distrracted by RL.

On this build, I've made a few changes to the horse, very carefully photographed, only to find I had no SD card in the camera ... more detail to follow (hope)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Robert Stuart said:

On this build, I've made a few changes to the horse, very carefully photographed, only to find I had no SD card in the camera ... more detail to follow (hope)

Sorry I know I shouldn't laugh but it reminds me of the leaving the lens cap on days !

I hope RL gets easier soon.

Cheers Pat 

• Thanks 1